HardDrive 8 MB Cache Buffer

S

SeeKerS

Hey all!
I just filled my 40 gig harddrive and i have no more room so i plan on buying a bigger hard drive.
Problem is the $ issue.
Wester digial 100 gig 2mb cahe buffer for sale at $139
Whil a western digital 120 gig 8mb cache buffer for sale at $250.
Thing is i only have 200 buck and dont have a job it will take me 1 or 2 months to come up with 50 buck plus tax if i buy the $250 dollar one.
Question is should i wait for the 8 mb cache buffer or buy the one with the 2mb cache buffer.
Explaing why and 8mb cache buffer is better than an 2mb one, will i see a huge increase in performence. I would ask this question at frys electronics but i dont trust those bastards. I trust on you guys :)

IMHO

if you are out of room, go ahead and buy the Western Digial 100 gig 2mb cache buffer, unless u want to wait that is.

In most things your not going to see that big of a gain between the two. Go ahead and buy it. My opinion. ;)

our posts crossed at almost same time DaUntouchable, did not see that one, I would buy the one DaUntouchable's pointing out. ;)

You might want to keep an eye on www.techbargains.com for good deals on stuff. Included in today's batch of bargains is one from Dell.com on the Western Digital 120GB HDD w/ 8MB cache for $148 + $5 shipping.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...=search.asp&icompatid=&instock=0&refurbished=

Lists as $185 on Dell's site, but if you start the ordering process, you get an instant 20% dip in the price. I got mine from Dell on a similar deal ~1 month ago and it's worked great. Takes about 2 weeks to ship, but hey...at that price, it's worth the wait. :cool:

P.S. Looks like that 20% dip ends after tonight (6/24/02). If you really want one of these drives and you miss this price, you might just watch techbargains for it to come up again. Seems to run about every 2 weeks or so.

Ummm...?

:eek: Did he say BARSTEWARDS? :eek:

:eek: ????????????<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>?????????????? :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back