Hardcore Spyware attack...

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political Access
So like an idiot i let my brother use my computer for some HW since he was too lazy to use his and when he is done im all spywared...BAD!!! I get Defender popping up like mad, AVG sayin i have a problem, and every 20 seconds i get a pop up..here is a pick of what i got in a matter of minutes...

Ive ran spybot, defender, antispyware, avg while im not on the net, it get cleaned up and get defender sayin i have "look2me" Even though it deleted it. I just got ad-aware, but im still having problems. Im cleaned out all my temps and all that...any ideas?

Last edited:
I would suggest just formatting and starting fresh. When you have a ton of spyware and potentially viruses like that, its the safest route.

And tell your brother not to use your rig for pr0n in the future.

The sad thing is i just did that. My machine isnt even two days runnin...its a pain in the ass to start fresh again......

failurbydesign said:
The sad thing is i just did that. My machine isnt even two days runnin...its a pain in the ass to start fresh again......

Just a suggestion for your next refresh then.... create a backup image with something like Acronis TrueImage or Norton Ghost straight after you've installed windows and 'core' applications that you REALLY need. After that, get all the updates for those applications and then create another backup image and store the image file in a safe place, like on a DVD or separate partition/drive. That way, if you machine becomes infected again or you need to format the drive, you'll only need to spare 10-15mins to restore windows and your applications - instead of spending hours on end trying to get everything back on the machine.

Since you just did it, try using Webroot Spysweeper, Spybot Search and Destroy as well as Hijackthis

Worth a shot if you don't want to format. And if your brother ever uses it again, create a seperate account without admin access so nothing will be able to install.

Yea he has hos own computer i just havent put office on there for him. I used spybot and i get nothin of the look2me, just from defender. With hijackthis i dont know what to do..can i post the log file? And ill scan with Webroot Spysweeper right now..

And send a screen-shot to your parents and his girlfriend explaining that he likes spyware infested pr0n :smoker:

failurbydesign said:
Yea he has hos own computer i just havent put office on there for him. I used spybot and i get nothin of the look2me, just from defender. With hijackthis i dont know what to do..can i post the log file? And ill scan with Webroot Spysweeper right now..

Yes, you can post the Hijackthis log as part of your post or as an attachment, with the first being the preferred method.

I have to say the spy sweeper kicks some butt...worked like a champ...as of now the computer is great and no problems. I do though have antispyware and defender on my pc, should i ditch antispyware and keep defender or can i keep both?

Sazar said:
And send a screen-shot to your parents and his girlfriend explaining that he likes spyware infested pr0n :smoker:

ha ha i should huh....

Last edited:
While Spy Sweeper is VERY good (IMO), unfortunately there aren't any programs out there that can do any job by themselves. While some have a higher catch rate than others, the best tool(s) for removal of infections are a few working together.

In the case of Antispyware and Defender, the later is an upgrade to the first. Remove Antispyware and leave Defender as a stand alone. That, and keep the other person off your PC :)

Ok cool, ill keep him off..he can mess up his pc...thanks a bunch guys..

No problemo dude, glad you didn't have to format again :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back