hard drive wont partiton

fuykedup

OSNN Newbie
Hi, I have a p5n32-sli deluxe and a pent d and im trying to install 2 maxtor sata drives with the onboard nvidia raid controller and when i go to install windows and go to partition the hdd it goes back to the screen without any partitions. I have updated my bios to the 0308. installed the raid drivers and configured the raid in the bios And I have checked both hard drives and they both work and it will partiton a ide hard drive that I have. And even when i try to do just regular sata without raid it still wont let me partiton a single sata hard drive.
Any help would be much appreciated

Only thing I can think of is...

are you reinstalling the sata/raid when booting of the cd for the installation of the system?

What OS are you installing?

I'm using xp pro but I have also tryed using home to. And what do you mean am I reinstalling the sata/raid when booting off the cd. I press f6 and then I load the drivers from the floppy. They install fine then once windows is going to install and the screen comes up showing the hard drive and it says 152 un partitoned press c to partiton, I press c it says please wait at the bottom for a bit and then it just goes right back to that screen with it saying un partitoned. And when I put one of the hard drives in another machine and tryed to partiton them it did it in 2 seconds.

Yep that's the way.

Only other thing I can think of is the way they are connected to the board & each other. Sorry. :(

If taking one drive out & getting it working in another system maybe the connections is the thing that is wrong. (Don't understand your last sentence.) :eek:

Yeah I mean that when I put the sata hard drives in another machine it lets me partiton them, and when I put an IDE hard drive in this machine it lets me partiton that. And the thing I dont understand is if it was the connectors or something wouldnt the computer just not read the hard drives at all? Thanks for the replys

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back