• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Hard drive upgrade.

Leo

OSNN Addict
Im about to upgrade from a 20 maxtor to a 40 western digital and i was wondering how hard is it going to be. Plus is there any way to tranfer windows to the new one or is it going to be a hassle?? My last question is if i can make my old hard drive as a slave drive so i can have two??
Thanks in advance!

yes of course old drive can be a slave drive, as far as the transfer goes, usually when u buy a new hard drive it sometimes comes with tools to transfer data from the old drive to the new.

Leo

OSNN Addict
thanks iceman for the quick response ! I was just about to start the installation !!:)

I've got this "Data lifeguard tools" disk,do u think that's what it is??

Leo

OSNN Addict
The installation went smoth but i ran into a problem, my case is too small for two hard drives. Dam it!
That sounds good Ace123 !

nope just set the jumpers in the back of the drive to slave, but reformat it, no use having Windows XP on both hard drives. Bios should reg it auto

Leo

OSNN Addict
I formated the old drive,pluged everything back in(The old one as the slave) and everything is working great !:)
Thanks a lot iceman !

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown