Hard Drive Problems

FalseIdeasOfLove

Life In A Hospital
I am also having a problem with harddrives, I bought a 160GB Maxtor in Jan/Feb of this year, and I partitioned it to 3 different sizes. Anyways, recently I had formatted my PC and when I installed the new copy of Windows XP all of the files on one partition went bad and said I didn't have access to open them and such (administrative rights). So I went into Safe Mode to change these settings to allow me to use the files stored on that partition and when I came back to Windows XP in normal mode all the files were gone and the drive was empty and had full space. Overcoming my anger, a few days later I started using that partition to store files again, this time I got another error and had to format that partition. And now sometimes when I reboot my PC I get errors from that partition and I format it again, hoping it will fix it, but it only gives me the same error a few days later. Hopefully that all made sense and someone can help me!

I wish thinking, did you do a fdisk, then set each partition?

Anyways, recently I had formatted my PC and when I installed the new copy of Windows XP all of the files on one partition went bad

had similar thing hapen to me. if i find anything more out i will PM you

Hey, thanks for the info so far. Im not sure exactly what the error was, I do know something about check disk when I have the problem when I start up my PC. I also remember that when I had the problem the first time I wasn't able to access any of the files or folders, it gave me some sort of error, sorry I can't be anymore explainitory.

By the way, I followed that Microsoft tutorial the first time and all that resulted in it was me losing everything on that partition.

About this fdisk and set partitions thing, would I end up losing all my files on the other 2 partitions by chance?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back