Hard Drive Partition Removal

S

stealth2920

I currently have one partition (C & D). I have Partition Magic and I want to eliminate the partition and just have a C drive. Can I do that without reinstalling all the programs on D? Seems like the registry and the program paths would still think they were on D and not work. Thanks

If it's storage only on D (Movies, pictures, MP3, etc...) you won't have any problems. But if you have games or apps installed, you'll need to reinstall them after collapsing your partition on C.

Hope that helps...

Edit: One thing tho. If you have the room to do it, you can copy your dir of a game already installed and rename it. Then you install this same game on C and copy the content of your old dir over the newly installed C version. You might have to change some paths in the *.ini file (if applicable), but other than that, it should work.

You can do it, and partition magic has a built in utility called drivemapper that can change the program paths and stuff. But theres no gaurante that its going to work perfectly

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back