Hard drive not found...

A

Artex

Ok I have two hard drives on one ide channel. Up until last night it worked fine. Then on one reboot, the bios couldnt find either hard drive. So I unplugged my secondary drive, bios finds the first no prob. Plug secondary back in, neither are found. Please tell me its not my hard drive.

Artex

Try clearing CMOS and reboot. But first, make sure one HD is set as Master and the other as Slave.

All the jumpers are correct. It just happened after working like this for months. I'm just hoping its a bios thing, and not my hard drive. Gonna update bios after work.

Artex

Sounds like something has come loose or unseated.

This is what happened to me>
Trying to set up a fax program from within windows. Click a button & the modem disappeared. Was dual booting at the time so went to 98 & the modem was gone from there too. Took the cover off the case, took the modem out, put it back, problem solved. Very wierd indeed.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back