Hard drive failing

Jewelzz

OSNN Godlike Veteran
My hard drive is failing, any suggestions on the next one I should purchase? Plz don't ask what I'm using now, I have no clue lol
I just use the PC I didn't build it.

use ibm deskstar hard drive...it has built in cache...i been using for 4+ years....in the work place...got no problem...

Western Digfital is the one and the only.

BTW
All Hard Drives have builtin cache.

use ibm deskstar hard drive...it has built in cache...i been using for 4+ years....in the work place...got no problem...

Ive read quite a bit of bad stuff about IBMs lately, and I have recently been victim to one of them on a 60Gig model. Had a bad (not lost) cluster show up, sorta fixed it, but don't know how long it'll stay fixed and reliable, don't really trust it now. Can't return it under warranty until it happens again, so it's now a paperweight. :(

Wanna buy it? :)

i really like the new Maxtor I have. I also have a Western Digital and it seems to have held up pretty well for the past 4 years or so.

Thanx everyone. It seems to be my smaller WD drive that took a crap. This is the 2nd time this drive has died on me. Apparently WD knows this drive has problems because they replaced it the 1st time without any questions (it was 3 yrs old at the time). This one that they replaced is only about 6 months old.

Now they'll replace it with another drive that will die on me again. Move over WD, Maxtor here I come. :)

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back