• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Hard drive failing

Jewelzz

OSNN Godlike Veteran
My hard drive is failing, any suggestions on the next one I should purchase? Plz don't ask what I'm using now, I have no clue lol
I just use the PC I didn't build it.

M

mousetap

use ibm deskstar hard drive...it has built in cache...i been using for 4+ years....in the work place...got no problem...

B

boxman

Western Digfital is the one and the only.

BTW
All Hard Drives have builtin cache.

use ibm deskstar hard drive...it has built in cache...i been using for 4+ years....in the work place...got no problem...
Ive read quite a bit of bad stuff about IBMs lately, and I have recently been victim to one of them on a 60Gig model. Had a bad (not lost) cluster show up, sorta fixed it, but don't know how long it'll stay fixed and reliable, don't really trust it now. Can't return it under warranty until it happens again, so it's now a paperweight. :(

Wanna buy it? :)

B

bmxjt

i really like the new Maxtor I have. I also have a Western Digital and it seems to have held up pretty well for the past 4 years or so.

Jewelzz

OSNN Godlike Veteran
Thanx everyone. It seems to be my smaller WD drive that took a crap. This is the 2nd time this drive has died on me. Apparently WD knows this drive has problems because they replaced it the 1st time without any questions (it was 3 yrs old at the time). This one that they replaced is only about 6 months old.

Now they'll replace it with another drive that will die on me again. Move over WD, Maxtor here I come. :)

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seggar