hard disk info

N

Narcissus

i have a 40gb hard drive in 2 partitions, i have installed a second hard drive which is from my old windows 98 computer, in computer management / disk management the drive is there but has no drive letter so i can get to the files on the disk? i cant assign a drive letter either?? what is the problem, it seems like its there and working but hidden from me..

please help

are you trying this with an 80 line cable (ATA100+ capable) if you are then try setting the drives to cable select, dunno why but this got me out of a pickle once

Is the drive formatted FAT (old windows 98) or FAT32 (newer windows 98) or NT file system? You can convert from FAT to FAT32 or to NTFS to match your other drives in th enew machine. Theoretically without data loss...

Did you create a partition on the drive? You have to do that for windows XP before the system can access it.

the drive was fat32 with no partitions, i turned my computer on a couple of days later and the drive was there!

Thanks 4 ur replies :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back