Hard Disk Format

P

percyv143

HARD DISK FORMAT
i HAVE AN WIN XP PRO AND I WANT TO RE-FORMAT MY DISK, HOW CAN I STILL OBTAIN / SECURE MY REG CODE SO THAT MICROSOFT WILL STILL RECOGNIZE THAT THIS IS THE SAME PC WITH 1ST INSTALLATION OF MY SERIAL # ???
THANKS A LOT.

Okay you can stop yelling now.

Don't worry about trying to save your activation code, just re-install and re-activate your copy of XP. I'v activate my copy of XP at least 5 times and never had a problem. The worst that'll happen is that XP will tell you that you have to call MS to get it re-activated.

reactivation code

hi. i tried doing to my xp home for at least 4 times too and had no problem. but a friend of mine had an xp pro and when he had to reinstall the os there was a stop that would ask you to enter the re-activation code. my xp pro when i installed had no stop like this but the problem is when you run an update from microsoft then it would recognize your code that it was already used and it can detect your hd that it has another diskname and they will conclude that i am installing the same xp pro code to a different pc, so update will not be available... thanks anyway...

See how you go with this>

XP - Re-Activation

Once you activate your copy of Windows XP operating system, a file gets created/updated in windows/system32 directory. It is called wpa.dbl file. Take a backup of this file and when you have reinstall the OS just copy it back to the same directory.

Works for some but not all.

wpa.dbl

i got it backed-up in my other folder.
i'll try it soon when i have my hd reformatted.
thanks a lot.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back