Happy Throughput

gonaads

Beware the G-Man
Political Access
Me sooo happy :D... new throughput speed with my SBC DSL. For only $45.00 a month... yeah yeah yeah, 1 year contract. But it's $5.00 cheaper than my original DSL connection (SBC). Oh, it peaks at 3 Mbps.

Just want to speak of it.

*now the wankers with faster connections start to post* :p

wow. i get 80 KB/sec down and 25 KB/ sec up for about that.. makes me sad. and i also use SBC

Im with Bell Sympatico DSL and I get the following, I also pay about $45/month. They claim 3MBps download, they dont say much bout the upload, maybe round 700kbps.

gonaads said:
*now the wankers with faster connections start to post* :p

Well, you asked for it.
tongue.gif

And before anyone asks, no...there's no photoshop, caching, or any kind of "cheating" involved.

Attachments

• speedtest.PNG
    speedtest.PNG
    9.2 KB · Views: 122
NetRyder said:
Well, you asked for it.
tongue.gif

And before anyone asks, no...there's no photoshop, caching, or any kind of "cheating" involved.
Is that the reason why you have a fiber optic cable running from a hole in the street to your house? :p

I don't need a test to tell me my connection speed :p

NetRyder said:
Well, you asked for it.
tongue.gif

At home... not at work fool. :p

:eek: That's ludicrous speed. :p

sraycoz said:
wow. i get 80 KB/sec down and 25 KB/ sec up for about that.. makes me sad. and i also use SBC

You should call them and ask about the "pro package" ($39.99/month). Seems they are tryin ta get new DSL customers and have a deal goin on... 1 year contract though.

I called and asked about it and they said if you are an existing DSL customer you can get it for $45.00 a month (1 year contract).

1.5-3.0Mbps(down)... 384Kbps(up)... 1 Dynamic (IP address).

Check it out --->SBC DSL specials

You yanks are just too lucky sometimes. Over here in behind the times UK all I can get is a 1MB connection and it costs me £34 a month. I think I could probibly get a 3mb connection but it would probibly cost hundreds of pounds and probibly wouldn't be very reliable. Damn expencive compaired to what you lot get for your money. I think it's time I tried to emigrate.

SPeedY_B said:
I don't need a test to tell me my connection speed :p

Hey, I was/is fellin good about it... That's all. Soooo, drop me on me head easy. :p

Doom said:
You yanks are just too lucky sometimes. Over here in behind the times UK all I can get is a 1MB connection and it costs me £34 a month. I think I could probibly get a 3mb connection but it would probibly cost hundreds of pounds and probibly wouldn't be very reliable. Damn expencive compaired to what you lot get for your money. I think it's time I tried to emigrate.
£50 actually :)

Doom said:

Heh heh... Well the 3MB is actually about $100.00 US/month but with the special it's way cheaper. But you're locked into it for 1 year.

My original connection was the 384Kbps-1.5Mbps package. I was getting constant 1.2-1.3MB connections. But then I'm like only 8-9 blocks away from their switching office. :D Soooo, it's a nice connection. I started out at $30.00 US/Month. then when the year ended it jumped up a bit (just a few bucks), then their rates changed and it went up to $49.00 US/month.

gonaads said:
At home... not at work fool. :p
:eek: That's ludicrous speed. :p

Hehe, that speed test is from my dorm room, so technically it is my "home" at the moment.
wink.gif

At home, however, I have pretty much the same speeds that you mentioned in your first post. It caps at 3.0mbit.

Heres mine... not quite as good as NetRyder...
But I'm cheating too... at school :)

Attachments

• inetspeed.jpg
    inetspeed.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 95
NetRyder said:
Hehe, that speed test is from my dorm room, so technically it is my "home" at the moment.
wink.gif

At home, however, I have pretty much the same speeds that you mentioned in your first post. It caps at 3.0mbit.

Now I feel better.
tongue.gif

Damn... I'm at work and now the DSL connection here feels slow. heh heh.

Can't wait ta get home.
biggrin.gif

my cable co. just went to a two tier package 3mb down 1mb up for 39.99/month the other is ten bucks cheaper, some thing like 1.5 down and 750 up.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back