Happy 4th of July!

Happy happy joy joy!

The Brits are all quite. :laugh:

Just got back from San Fransisco a little while ago...spent the weekend there. Tired after the long drive, but we had a good time. :)

Ferral_Imp said:
If ya wanna dirt cheap PA thing, go to the Yuengling brewery and take their tour. They used to give out samples on the tour (or so I heard). But yep I heard of Iron Beer before (there's some funny stuff you can learn about by going to Catholic school in the coal region).

Well if you really wanna keep with the red white and blue theme you could ditch the beer and just have jello shots made with red(strawberry, raspberry, mixed fruit), white(white grape), and blue(can't think of a blue one right now) jello. What???.......... Did I mention that I grew up in the coal region since I was about 3 years old?
Yep, heard about the tour...never had the guts to take it tho!:lick: The wife is a Catholic school girl, you are definitely a breed apart! (In a good way!):)

HA! Born in NYC, moved to coal-central at 15 months and been here ever since. What a long strange trip it's been, huh Ferrral?:laugh:

drunk drunk drunk drunk dsruunk thnak you vodka filled watermellomn@! Happy 4th everybody!

Got back from the celebrations about 2 hours ago. Anyhow, turns out they have a whole weekend of festivities planned (though I only found out about it today). I think the fireworks show last night might have been another, which a local establishment (one of the casionos) was putting off... There were others tonight.

They made a pretty big show out of it, being the 300th aneversary for something (supposedly the largest they ever put off). I was surprised at the date (considering the US is a younger nation then that, and we started spreading west in the 19th century). One of the other guests thought it had to do with the Spanish having come up from Mexico 300 years ago, where they found this land right here... Various local radio stations, the local military (prior to some of them being sent off to Iraq again, from what the mayor was saying), and various others all came down to help host things... There were apperently peeps from all over New Mexico (not just in Albuq) that travelled here for the festivities this year and the aneversery cellebration.

It was a fair bit bigger then what I remember we had growing up in New Jersey as a kid (and those 4th of July celebrations weren't exactly small)...

Last night was pretty fun for me. Went out on the boat to the local firework display and i guess they are the best display in Michigan but last night i doubt that. They had some good ones but then the barage caught on fire like it did last year. So they ended it early but on july 10th they have another one so maybe it won't catch fire again lol. Also got drunk for the first time on a boat and everybody else was drunk and we had to pee in a 2 liter bottle and man did that get old after awhile :p.

Hope everybody had a decent holiday and have fun at work :p ha ha.

ThePatriot said:
Yep, heard about the tour...never had the guts to take it tho!:lick: The wife is a Catholic school girl, you are definitely a breed apart! (In a good way!):)

HA! Born in NYC, moved to coal-central at 15 months and been here ever since. What a long strange trip it's been, huh Ferrral?:laugh:

Yep it's been fun growing up in the coal region. Cuz where else can you get "blind pigeons" at a church block party, eat beleenies (sp?) that leave grease marks behind on the paper plates (that's when you know they're top quality), learn what the "two-miler" and "camelback road" are, and be able to get some quarts at if that's your thing.

Hehehe I can do you one better. I was born in the coal region cuz my mom was seeing a doctor up at Geisinger while she was pregnant with me (my parents lived in New Jersey at the time and my mom and older bro were staying at my grandparent's) and then went to live in New Jersey till I was about 3. So that gives me the bragging rights to say I'm a 5th generation Coal cracker on me mom's side. :laugh:

Oh and Catholic school can be very enlightening and traumatizing. But yep we Catholic school girls are usually seen as a different breed (maybe it's cuz we already got the plaid school skirts laying around somewhere that makes us different).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back