Hamann ripping off Porsche??

P

PlagueWielder

Guest
#1
Hey
Does anyone know whats up with Hamann, cause their cars look EXACTLY the same as the Porsche?? Are they ripping them off?

Thanks
 

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
#2
Originally posted by SmokingWeed3000
Hey
Does anyone know whats up with Hamann, cause their cars look EXACTLY the same as the Porsche?? Are they ripping them off?

Thanks
piccies?

it is possible for one company to design cars for another... ie the new hyundai coupe was partly designed by porsche... which is why it doesn't look as nasty as the old one..
 

Nick M

OSNN Veteran Addict
#3
Nope. I know Porsche sells models to other companies with different name, they take the car, heavily modify it ( performance/style ) and sell it as their own. Costs a lot more.
 

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
#5
Originally posted by SmokingWeed3000
here:

2002 Hamann 911 Gullwing


2003 Porsche 911 GT3

looks pretty much the same except that the Hamann has Lamborghini style doors.
lmao...

dood... its like mercedes with AMG division and bmw with their M3 division... though Hamman is not exclusive to Porsche... :D

Since September 2002, Hamann now also customize the current Porsche models as well as cars from BMW, Ferrari, Mini and Range Rover.

But Hamann doesn't only offer classical tuning for engine, bodywork, chassis and interior: Hamann gives the car wings in the true sense of the word! At the Geneva Motor Show 2003, Hamann celebrated its spectacular whocar with a revolutionary gullwing door design. The special model, which costs 239,000 Euro, was constructed on the basis of the Porsche 911 GT3.

The innovative Hamann gullwing design, which stands out against conventional construction, makes the coupe from Zuffenhausen a true eyecatcher. The doors swing up towards the top on an outboard stainless steel hinge fixed above the outside mirrors and stay in position supported by special gas dampers. The Hamann gullwing design is that proven that the doors can be closed as easily, exactly and imperviously as on the standard car. Any 911 Carrera and Turbo of the 996 model range can be converted to Hamann gullwing doors.

In addition the extravagant appearance of the Hamann Porsche is marked by the extremely sporty styled bodystyling kit and the liquid-silver metallic special paint. This custom paint changes its shade depending on the solar position. The face of the sportscar is marked by the special headlight moldings and the Hamann front apron with additional Competition front spoiler. With this combination the lift on the front axle is reduced that much that driving stability at high speed is further optimized. In addition, the apron, which completely replaces the standard bumper, has large air intakes to improve the fresh air supply of the coolers installed in the nose and the cooling of the front brakes.

The Hamann side skirts don't only create a streamlined transition between the wheel houses in front and rear: They also harmoniously lead over to the rear Hamann fender flarings which make the two-door car seven centimeters broader.

The enlarged wheel houses give room for extreme wheels: On the rear axle the car is furnished with multi-piece 13Jx19 light alloy wheels with 315/25 ZR 19 tires. 9Jx19 wheels with 235/35 ZR 19 tires perfectly fill the standard front fenders. Hamann offers two different wheel designs: Beside the popular PG3 five-spoke rim there is also available the Hamann Anniversary multi-spoke wheel.

The Hamann coil-over sport suspension, which is adjustable in height and damping, and the stronger sport anti-roll bars are specially set up for the extreme 19-inch wheel/tire combination.

The maximum power of 412 hp / 303 kW is reached at 7,260 rpm, 405 Nm of maximum torque are available at 6,830 rpm. Accordingly the road performances of the Hamann showcar are extremely high: From standstill the car catapults itself in 4.5 seconds to 100 km/h. After 13.6 seconds the special model is 200 km/h fast. Maximum speed is at 305 km/h.
 

Kush

High On Life!
#7
Originally posted by Sazar
lmao...

dood... its like mercedes with AMG division and bmw with their M3 division... though Hamman is not exclusive to Porsche... :D
well they arent devisions they are separate companies. and u also forgot to add Brabus for Mercedes too!:blink:

and this will make SmokingWeed3000 really dizzy
check out the brabus s55amg

the s55 is amg and then brabus took that and souped it up even more! its crazy the s55 amg without brabus 0-60mph is 4.8 thats amazing for the size and class and weight of the car! Imagine the brabus one!

pics of s-class with body kit (not specifically s55, works on any)


 
P

PlagueWielder

Guest
#10
just because some people dont know things that u do doesnt mean that u can laugh at them.

themafia_69, Octopus is right, u are gonna get people blind from showing these things. :p
 

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
#11
Originally posted by SmokingWeed3000
just because some people dont know things that u do doesnt mean that u can laugh at them.

themafia_69, Octopus is right, u are gonna get people blind from showing these things. :p
sry... :)

the reason I was laughing... was because what I posted was from the exact same link you gave me...

same site anyways... :)
 

Kush

High On Life!
#13
Originally posted by Krux
those are some nice looking cars..... but I would still take a Skyline over them anyday, looks and power v6 AWD twin turbo pushing 1200hp vroooooooooom tear you up!
look at the specs of the hamman they will tear u up also.
or how about the dodge viper venom 800hp but 0-60 in 2.3 seconds!
 

Krux

Nissan Powered
#14
Originally posted by themafia_69
look at the specs of the hamman they will tear u up also.
or how about the dodge viper venom 800hp but 0-60 in 2.3 seconds!

its a race car doesn't count :p anyone can go buy a skyline for 40k not anyone can go buy a 2million dallor viper ;) also the viper is what a 10 cylinder? or is it 12? Skyline is a 6 and can run a 7 in the quarter :eek:
 

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
#15
Originally posted by Krux
its a race car doesn't count :p anyone can go buy a skyline for 40k not anyone can go buy a 2million dallor viper ;) also the viper is what a 10 cylinder? or is it 12? Skyline is a 6 and can run a 7 in the quarter :eek:
r34 = 2.6 liter engine displacement... and suping it up to give 1000+ hp is ridiculous don't you think :)

is why I LOVE the skyline's...

btw... the viper I don't think does the 0-60 in 2 odd seconds... it is the motor bike thinger with the viper engine... (well ok... a viper engine with wheels) that does it... can't really compare the 2...

viper = good engine... but still... skyline is a technical marvel...

nissan = best engines v8 and under in the world for commercial cars... :)
 

Krux

Nissan Powered
#16
Originally posted by Sazar
r34 = 2.6 liter engine displacement... and suping it up to give 1000+ hp is ridiculous don't you think :)

is why I LOVE the skyline's...

btw... the viper I don't think does the 0-60 in 2 odd seconds... it is the motor bike thinger with the viper engine... (well ok... a viper engine with wheels) that does it... can't really compare the 2...

viper = good engine... but still... skyline is a technical marvel...

nissan = best engines v8 and under in the world for commercial cars... :)


GD RITE THEY ARE!!! ;)
 

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
61,969
Messages
673,295
Members
89,015
Latest member
arrangel