Halo PC - New Details?

You guys are rediculously humorous, how is having or downloading a beta illegal! I don't see anyone being arrested for trying beta software, if they were thats rediculous. Some game companies such as Team17 could care less, they even posted on their website somewhere, "we know there is a leaked demo, do not run the worms3d.exe it will crash"

I can't believe some of you give people crap for asking where to find a beta, its BETA by no means would that be illegal, ever heard of a beta tester-- geez

Originally posted by S1RE
You guys are rediculously humorous, how is having or downloading a beta illegal! I don't see anyone being arrested for trying beta software, if they were thats rediculous. Some game companies such as Team17 could care less, they even posted on their website somewhere, "we know there is a leaked demo, do not run the worms3d.exe it will crash"

I can't believe some of you give people crap for asking where to find a beta, its BETA by no means would that be illegal, ever heard of a beta tester-- geez

beta testers are part of a QA setup to test for bugs and are approved users of a valid version of the beta... a lot of bugs are caught by them.. krux is an example of this...

downloading an illegally released (ie not an officially released version of a game by a company) is not quite kosher...

we will not... as a website... provide links to download such programs/applications... e.g doom III alpha/halo 1.5 beta and what not...

if there are technical issues.. some members can help out with that but again... it is beta... it is illegally leaked... :)

and most importantly... it is part of our FORUM GUIDELINES that everyone agrees to when they sign up...

a valid/legal beta.. no problems... an illegally leaked beta... a different story... if the company whose product is leaked has no problems.. things are a little more relaxed... but by no means have the developers of either doomIII or halo been happy with their leaks..

Sazaar true but you believe it is illegal to download and play them? Giving directions to download such an item would be breaking any forum rule. When the player has nothing to do with leaking the beta...

Kinda like finding money somewhere on the ground keeping it for yourself and not making an announcement who dropped their $20 LOL

Kinda like finding money somewhere on the ground keeping it for yourself and not making an announcement who dropped their $20 LOL
I'm pretty sure that is Ilegal as well :rolleyes:

Sazaar true but you believe it is illegal to download and play them? Giving directions to download such an item would be breaking any forum rule. When the player has nothing to do with leaking the beta...

technically speaking... it is illegal which is why it is called warez...

the person who leaked it broke an nda AFAIK and these agreements are in place for a specific reason...

leaked screenshots are one thing... leaked games are another...

btw your analogy is flawed since one program and be dl'ed by numerous people... 1 $20 dollar bill can only be kept by one person... ergo... impact is multiplied for warezed programs...

go sazar, go sazar, its your birthday! :)

just got my gold copy game is freaking hard on ledgendary but I am determinded to beat it on that.

Originally posted by Krux
go sazar, go sazar, its your birthday! :)

just got my gold copy game is freaking hard on ledgendary but I am determinded to beat it on that.

YAH YAH rub it in :D

I'll have to see how close it is to the xbox version... before I buy it...

well what do you mean by close? we are working on a demo right now its about 100megs should be out in a week or so.

well what do you mean by close? we are working on a demo right now its about 100megs should be out in a week or so.

story line... thats all :)

how much you think I could sell this thing for? I mean my cd's always look different then the retail copys, kinda like limited edition :)

and the story is the same. just looks better.

ohhh and when they drop off a warthog now for you, you get a gunner too! always thought that was dumb on the xbox version.... it was like ok thanks for the car with a chain gun I can't use!!!

Any game out there you can find if you look hard enough ($20) One person will release it one way or another, spreading it to others regardless of wether its illegal- get the point...

Finding a $20 anywhere laying on the ground and taking it not reporting it is not against the law if it is the law needs to be updated.

If you know whose money it is and intentionally take it that is different, ya know....

Any game out there you can find if you look hard enough ($20) One person will release it one way or another, spreading it to others regardless of wether its illegal- get the point...

Finding a $20 anywhere laying on the ground and taking it not reporting it is not against the law if it is the law needs to be updated.

If you know whose money it is and intentionally take it that is different, ya know....
:confused:

ohhh and when they drop off a warthog now for you, you get a gunner too! always thought that was dumb on the xbox version.... it was like ok thanks for the car with a chain gun I can't use!!!

?

you just had to drive past some marines and one would automatically climb in as a gunner and if there were more... one as a passenger who also fired shots @ the enemy...

yah but they die so quick everyone helps..... (ledgendary)

uhhhh I work for microsoft, I thought I said that already?:confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back