Halo PC 1.5 Beta Leak

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
This post here (link) is refering to a download link (via the bittorent client) that was posted in the gaming section of the front page by Waddy, Electronic Punk has deleted the article due to it being warez (from the post wording I think that someone had passed the information to waddy in a manner suggesting that it was a legal distribution)

This is just to let you know so that the thread above doesn't get out of hand, and to look out for people asking for or posting links to the beta. Just for reference the bittorent link is here emptylogic.com/suprnova/torrents/264/HALOBETA.ISO.torrent *runs away and hides*

btw, got it last night and it rocks :p

Halo rocks on Xbox. Can't wait to try this out on PC. Does online multiplayer work?

Damn, the thing capping at 13 Kb/s :( At that rate it will take me 13 hours to download...

Can't say that I've tried. the cd gives the option to install gamespy arcade... Give me a minute.. :p

Interesting..but since its leaked it might not work?

Doesn't appear to be an option to go online. (see attachment) and gamespy is being a whore, asking for updates etc.

btw, the link in the first post is a .iso image. If you dont mind a nero image (refuses to mount via alcohol120, but burns fine and can be converted, i converted mine) then take a look here for the other links: http://elissa.mobilefrenzy.com/get_mirror.php

Nah I dont mind the ISO. I'll try to get online, even though I hate Gamespy.

And BitTorrent has sped up quite a bit, at around 35 Kb/s, the download should be done in just around 3 hours :D

I got caught up with things last night so I could not post results :p However, when I run the game, it tells me that my graphics card is below recommended specs, and asks me if I want to continue. I click continue, and the game goes to the main screen with Halo in the background, and then exits out to the desktop. I've tried the game in Safe Mode as well, samething happens.

My Specs:

P4 1.5 GHz
256 MB SDRAM
60 GB HD
TNT2 Riva 32MB

God I hate my TNT2.

:(
The only thing it did for me was install DirectX 9.0b during install (I was running whatever comes with xp.. 8.1?) but it works fine other than that.

specs:
1.00 GHz AMD Athlon
512mb PC2100
64mb GeForce 2mx 400

Need one of the whores with a 9700/9800 to try it, and post the purty screenshots :p

I've read that some people had to change their language to US English in order to play it, might try that when I get home..

Originally posted by SPeedY_B

Need one of the whores with a 9700/9800 to try it, and post the purty screenshots :p

Sazar! Sazar! Sazar! Sazar! Sazar!

Downloaded it last night at 100Kb/s. :D
I tried it on my 16MB Mobility Radeon 7500 this morning, and it did popup those warning messages at the start, but I just set the resolution to 800x600, and all detail levels to Medium. Game seems to work quite smoothly, and the graphics quality isn't too bad either.

I'm starting to like this game...just got through the first mission of the first campaign. Quite addictive :D

Originally posted by o_87
I've read that some people had to change their language to US English in order to play it, might try that when I get home..

Sazar! Sazar! Sazar! Sazar! Sazar!

wot ?

:D

nah.. not gonna dl it right now... maybe @ a later time...

o_87: do you use your ntfs mail?
you now have 207 messages in there.

Originally posted by Electronic Punk
o_87: do you use your ntfs mail?
you now have 207 messages in there.

Spam! :p

lol, I check it like once a month :p

I should set it to forward it to my pop3 account..

Originally posted by o_87
I should set it to forward it to my pop3 account..

...or better yet, we should be able to access NTFS mail through a POP3 server :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back