• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Halo PC 1.5 Beta Leak

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
This post here (link) is refering to a download link (via the bittorent client) that was posted in the gaming section of the front page by Waddy, Electronic Punk has deleted the article due to it being warez (from the post wording I think that someone had passed the information to waddy in a manner suggesting that it was a legal distribution)

This is just to let you know so that the thread above doesn't get out of hand, and to look out for people asking for or posting links to the beta. Just for reference the bittorent link is here emptylogic.com/suprnova/torrents/264/HALOBETA.ISO.torrent *runs away and hides*

btw, got it last night and it rocks :p

SPeedY_B

Doesn't appear to be an option to go online. (see attachment) and gamespy is being a whore, asking for updates etc.

btw, the link in the first post is a .iso image. If you dont mind a nero image (refuses to mount via alcohol120, but burns fine and can be converted, i converted mine) then take a look here for the other links: http://elissa.mobilefrenzy.com/get_mirror.php

Grandmaster

Electronica Addict
Political User
Nah I dont mind the ISO. I'll try to get online, even though I hate Gamespy.

And BitTorrent has sped up quite a bit, at around 35 Kb/s, the download should be done in just around 3 hours :D

Grandmaster

Electronica Addict
Political User
I got caught up with things last night so I could not post results :p However, when I run the game, it tells me that my graphics card is below recommended specs, and asks me if I want to continue. I click continue, and the game goes to the main screen with Halo in the background, and then exits out to the desktop. I've tried the game in Safe Mode as well, samething happens.

My Specs:

P4 1.5 GHz
256 MB SDRAM
60 GB HD
TNT2 Riva 32MB

God I hate my TNT2.

SPeedY_B

:(
The only thing it did for me was install DirectX 9.0b during install (I was running whatever comes with xp.. 8.1?) but it works fine other than that.

specs:
1.00 GHz AMD Athlon
512mb PC2100
64mb GeForce 2mx 400

Need one of the whores with a 9700/9800 to try it, and post the purty screenshots :p

Grandmaster

Electronica Addict
Political User
I've read that some people had to change their language to US English in order to play it, might try that when I get home..

Originally posted by SPeedY_B

Need one of the whores with a 9700/9800 to try it, and post the purty screenshots :p
Sazar! Sazar! Sazar! Sazar! Sazar!

Downloaded it last night at 100Kb/s. :D
I tried it on my 16MB Mobility Radeon 7500 this morning, and it did popup those warning messages at the start, but I just set the resolution to 800x600, and all detail levels to Medium. Game seems to work quite smoothly, and the graphics quality isn't too bad either.

I'm starting to like this game...just got through the first mission of the first campaign. Quite addictive :D

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
Originally posted by o_87
I've read that some people had to change their language to US English in order to play it, might try that when I get home..

Sazar! Sazar! Sazar! Sazar! Sazar!
wot ?

:D

nah.. not gonna dl it right now... maybe @ a later time...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies