Halo CE problems

Vanquished

Mr. Bananagrabber
Political Access
Hi,
I have been having a lot of trouble with CE.
The game is installed.
Yet when I try to enter the game, either the HALO start up screen stays forever.
Or it goes to a black screen.
Does anybody know a fix to this?
I have Vista Ultimate.

Thanks,
Jack

I'm assuming you mean the custom edition..

in which case, have you installed the vista patch for it? And is this the 32bit version of Vista?

I'm assuming you mean the custom edition..

in which case, have you installed the vista patch for it? And is this the 32bit version of Vista?
Tis the 32-bit, and yes it is the Custom Edition, and no i have not installed the patch.
Will do so now, thanks.

Still the same I assume.
Before i didnt have the sound on, now i do.
The sound all works, but the screen is still messed up.
Makes me feel like its something to do with resolution or something.
Any clues?

Note: This patch is ONLY FOR users running Halo CE on the beta releases of Windows Vista (formerly Windows code name "Longhorn").

that was on that download page.
Does it mean anything?>

I wonder if fiddling around with Affinity will do anything.

try starting it with the command line -novideo

It may just be a problem with the opening video montage sequence.. and I believe the "-novideo" switch skips that...

edit:
(or try setting your overclocked video card back down to the defaults..)

try starting it with the command line -novideo

It may just be a problem with the opening video montage sequence.. and I believe the "-novideo" switch skips that...

edit:
(or try setting your overclocked video card back down to the defaults..)
I cant...
lol
The card is factory overclocked :p
Im confused on the other advice though.

you should have a shortcut that points somewhere to the halo.exe file (at least, I think it's still halo.exe, it's been a while).. but you can either modify that shortcut or create a new one that points to "C:\progra... \halo.exe -novideo"

Hi,
I have been having a lot of trouble with CE.
The game is installed.
Yet when I try to enter the game, either the HALO start up screen stays forever.
Or it goes to a black screen.
Does anybody know a fix to this?
I have Vista Ultimate.

Thanks,
Jack
i've tried responding to your question several times, i'm not sure if you've gotten them (no clue on how to work the forums :eek:)
I actually made my account to help you out and answer your question, i think i have the answer.
(i'm guessing you're having problems with Halo Custom Edition)

If you have an NVIDIA control panel, open it.
under '3D settings', click on 'adjust image settings with preview'
make sure that, under the preview window, the box is checked that says "let the 3D application decide"

had the SAME problem as you, and i've helped other people out with the same problem
this should work, :D good luck~

hi jwebbxsjado, your first posts must be approved by a moderator.. thus the reason your other posts never made it.

This is an older thread, but as your post may still help vanq (not sure if he still needs it or not) I approved your post. Welcome to the forum :)

I can just picture Vanquished sitting in front of his computer, twiddling his thumbs all these months, waiting for the Halo start-screen to come up :smoker:

I lol'd a little bit :)

he is probably all emmaciated and stuff...

hi jwebbxsjado, your first posts must be approved by a moderator.. thus the reason your other posts never made it.

This is an older thread, but as your post may still help vanq (not sure if he still needs it or not) I approved your post. Welcome to the forum :)
thankz! actually i made an account for this forum to help him out, i've had this problem before... + i understand anyones obsession for halo :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back