Halo 2 Website

^ Doesn't really matter.
wink.gif

halo for pc is much better than on xbox. it has online play! plus my graphics card is better than the geforce 3 thats in xbox

Halo on Xbox also has online play. :rolleyes:

And the graphics are much better on Xbox. Halo on PC got 8.0 for it's graphics while on Xbox, it had 9.0.

Mmmmm...might have to put my xbox back together so i can play halo 2 :)

prodj88 said:
halo for pc is much better than on xbox. it has online play! plus my graphics card is better than the geforce 3 thats in xbox
You have no idea what you are talking about do you? You can actually play Halo online if you know how to. Having a better graphics card doesn't make much of a difference in the graphics of the game, because the game itself was poorly made. For example, your armor doesn't shine, and Blood Gulch should also give you a basic idea. The bump mapping isn't there. The game as a whole lacks some serious details.
Plus, the Xbox version supports co-op which PC lacks, and the graphics are 10x better.
wink.gif

Cant wait to get a Xbox now, still never knew this was comein out but cant wait now

Is it worth getting the First one or waiting for this?

haHA!!! hsn, why exactly would the PS2 portion of IGN even want to have a review of Halo 2? wouldn't it make more sense for it to be on the xbox portion?

Wonder what people would do if Halo 2 came out for PS2 :eek:

ElementalDragon said:
haHA!!! hsn, why exactly would the PS2 portion of IGN even want to have a review of Halo 2? wouldn't it make more sense for it to be on the xbox portion?
Maybe you should read the article to find out? :rolleyes:

[post contents edited... - Grandmaster]

paul2-0-0-2 said:
Cant wait to get a Xbox now, still never knew this was comein out but cant wait now

get the first ;) :cool: ............then buy this one when it comes out :D

paul2-0-0-2 said:

Both. :cool:

You won't regret it. :)

ED: I warned you to not post unless you have anything constructive to add.

hsn: Tone it down.

Thread has been cleaned up a bit...

*bump* If you go to Halo 2.com now, weird stuff shows up. Sort of like the I Love Bees thing.

That text reads "All your base are belong to us and we love bees."

you mean this weird text is what says "all your base are belong to us and we love bees"?

Yes, I was referring to that strange text. But the site was supposed to change today. Nothing has happened.

Edit: The site has been updated with new wallpapers but isn't any better because those weird alien alphabets are still there.

~bk said:
Halo sucked on PC and I have the same feeling for Halo 2, if it comes out on PC.

I like Halo on teh PC. The graphics are much better, teh view is better, and there is more to the game.

I dislike using the keyboard and mouse for FPS's, I have 2 controllers that I use depending on teh game. One looks just like a PS2 controller and the other is a syborg 2500. I just need one that has triggers on it :D .

/still waiting for half life 2

well.... i can't really agree with you on the graphics and view part, nor the part about there being more to the game since i never played the XBox version. The graphics would look the best on XBox because, well... it was originally MADE for XBox. you can tell that Bungie rushed the PC version out the door without much thought since there was a patch out pretty much on it's day of release, then another the week after.

And how can you dislike using a keyboard and mouse? there's a lot more that can be configured on the 2 than you can configure on a controller. in Half-Life, i used to have every single weapon that i liked using bound to either a keyboard key right around WSAD, or on a button on my mouse. I can even tell you what i usually had configured.
F = RPG (though i didn't use it THAT often)
C = crowbar (weapon of choice)
X = Shotgun
Z = MP5
Back button on mouse = Magnum
Forward button on mouse = gauss rifle

Sometimes i had the mouse wheel click as being reload, but even that i didn't often use. And give it probably about 2 weeks, then HL2 should be out.

I will have to post a screenshot of the graphics, I have everything enabled and it looks awesome.

So far as the porting, the Xbox is just a dumbed down 2K kernel so the porting is almost the same.

I hate typing, so I hate using the keyboard. I use it for MOHAA, BF1942, CIV3 and a few other games. But other than that, a 14 button two joystick controller is the weapon of choice.

I have to say that Halo is one of those games where a controller would be best, it was designed that way. If you notice, most targets are on the horizontal plane as it is really tough to move a controller up and down on the vertical plane really fast.

ElementalDragon said:
you can tell that Bungie rushed the PC version out the door without much thought since there was a patch out pretty much on it's day of release, then another the week after.

You have everything right there, except Bungie didn't port the game to PC, Gearbox did ;) And Gearbox sucks the big one.

Anways, the new Halo 2 site is looking sweet indeed. I don't want to look at it much though, I want to keep as much as I can secret until I play the game in about 3 weeks time :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back