Halo 2 Trailer marketing scheme (ilovebees.com)

Oh. My. God. :O

Very cool marketing ploy by MS...can't wait to see what happens next!

thread moved to Console Gaming

A comment from "Dana's Blog"

Looking at your site's whois info, it appears you registered this domain the day after you were "hacked"!

Registrant:
Margaret's House of Bees
Margaret's House of Bees
2370 Market Street #510
San Francisco, CA 94114-1575
US

Registrar: NAMESDIRECT
Domain Name: ILOVEBEES.COM
Created on: 14-JUN-04 Expires on: 14-JUN-09
Last Updated on: 15-JUL-04

Administrative, Technical Contact:
Efendi, Margaret ladybee777@hotmail.com
Margaret's House of Bees
Margaret's House of Bees
2370 Market Street #510
San Francisco, CA 94114-1575
US
415-248-2617

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.MYDOMAIN.COM
NS2.MYDOMAIN.COM
NS3.MYDOMAIN.COM
NS4.MYDOMAIN.COM

Also, the http headers show that every file I can find (even images!) was modified about two hours ago:

telnet www.ilovebees.com 80
Trying 69.20.126.147...
Connected to www.ilovebees.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
GET /CUTEBEE.GIF
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 20:36:23 GMT
Server: Apache/1.3.19 (Unix) (Red-Hat/Linux) mod_ssl/2.8.1 OpenSSL/0.9.6 DAV/1.0.2 PHP/4.0.4pl1 mod_perl/1.24_01
Set-Cookie: y1dt8hx=jh.twofsrmwscg55aqbJm1J5; path=/
Cache-Control: max-age=120
Last-Modified: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 20:36:23 GMT
Content-Type: image/gif

Very interesting indeed...

edit: Basically the whole "blog" and the ilovebees.com site have lots of hints, they are all over the place...I think I'm going to be up all night looking through :D

further edit: hmm, apparently there are two countdowns to look forward too: July 27, and August 24!

This thing goes really deep, it is very very interesting indeed...

o_87 said:
Is my sarcasm meter picking up something? :p

Surprisingly no - I am a self-proclaimed God of sarcasm, but this escapes my wrath ... it reminds me (a little) of the simulated virus that used to be on iwin.com, cool stuff :)

I don't think anythig happened today... has any of you noticed anything?

Google does this sort of thing all the time ;) Actually was a story about a hidden puzzle last week or the week before.

-edit- example

Well, this didn't bring as much attention as MS/Bungie has. :p

It's genius though...

I don't see why some people call Halo lame but it's one of the best console FPS's ever. I like it. ;) :)

xie you dont like Halo? Have you ever played it with a bunch of friends? the multiplayer mode is tyte, the single player is actually just as good.

there are a few speculations to whatthe countdown on the site means, the first number could be the end of the beta testing and the second is most likely when HALO2 will go gold.

I've tried to play the game a couple of times and its just ... blah :) I guess for some people it's crack .. for others it's trash .. to each their own.

The countdown could also mean the release of the single player demo. I doubt Halo 2 will come out before Nov. 9. It could mean anything really, but I am hoping for the demo prediction. Why? Because the next issue of OXM(Official Xbox Mag), comes out on Aug. 24, which is when the countdown ends...too much of a coincidence? :p

Xie said:
I've tried to play the game a couple of times and its just ... blah :) I guess for some people it's crack .. for others it's trash .. to each their own.

True.

This is all fake. Nothing is going to happen.
bigsmile.gif

I hacked it all, on August 24th the counter will redirect you to electronicpunk.com because it is my birthday.

I think that all of this is turning out to be a hoax. :(
Nothing has happened so far.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back