Halo 2 Reviews...

Grandmaster

Electronica Addict
Political Access
I've got a copy of OXM's review of Halo 2 that's been floating around on the Interweb. You can check out the crapped down scans I've uploaded if you want. It's 11 pages long, and its not the entire review, but most of it. They gave the game a 9.7, their highest score ever. That was to be expected however :p

Sweet. So, they took out .3 because the ending made them want to play more? Damn, the game looks awesome. Well, only 2 more weeks. :D

Awesome! Can't wait for it anymore!
tongue.gif

I hate to be a downer but I take all reviews by someone that I don't know with a grain of salt these days. I seem to remember some other game recently *cough*Doom3*cough* that got amazing reviews and then was a "bomb" when people actually got to play it.

I dont listen to reviews cause its only coming from that person. I mean how many people really go by what someone says about a game or movie or somethin? I have other stuff to say but i cant really think on how to get it out its like i am having a brain fart

Xie said:
I hate to be a downer but I take all reviews by someone that I don't know with a grain of salt these days. I seem to remember some other game recently *cough*Doom3*cough* that got amazing reviews and then was a "bomb" when people actually got to play it.
I agree with you about the credibility of certain reviews, but if the original Halo is anything to go by, this sequel should be amazing.
I actually played Halo on an Xbox for the first time ever when I went to NY last month, and I thought it was a really great game. And this is coming from someone who has no games installed on his computer (I do play the NFS games now and then, but that's about it), and no gaming consoles at home (although I should be getting an Xbox just for Halo/Halo2 in a couple of months). :)

I believe the Doom 3 review was done by some European site...surely a real magazine had more credibility, especially OXM, than some obsure European site.

Anyways I understand what you mean, but I posted this not to stir up the hype even more, but just to inform the people who are following Halo 2.

Grandmaster said:
I believe the Doom 3 review was done by some European site...surely a real magazine had more credibility, especially OXM, than some obsure European site.

Anyways I understand what you mean, but I posted this not to stir up the hype even more, but just to inform the people who are following Halo 2.
Yeah I understand why you posted it and it's all good. :) I think it was more then 1 site/mag that had glowing reviews for Doom3 pre-release.

I don't think Doom III had a very compelling storyline (judging from what reviewers and many of you just said).

Even if Halo 2's single-player sucks (I doubt it will), it's multiplayer is looking very, very promising. Anyone who has played it has said that it is damn sweet. It probably will be one of the best mulitplayer games on any console when it comes out. =)

hsn said:
It probably will be one of the best mulitplayer games on any console when it comes out. =)

just like the original Halo ;) :D

Nov 11th is UK release aint it?
Why do we ALWAYS have to wait????

Yep, Nov 11. However, apparently there is some game show where you guys get to play the full game, and you'll be the first in that sense ;)

/waits, impatiently..........

Alright guys, here are the review scores so far:

US OXM - 9.7

AUS OXM - 10

UK OXM - 10

Gameinformer - 10

XBN - 10

EGM - 10 10 10 (3 reviewers)
Proof

Famitsu Xbox - 10, 9, 9, 9

I think these confirm the greatness of the game :D (Especially the reviews by EGM and Famitsu Xbox)

edit:

And here are scans of the EGM review. "The best-looking and best-playing console shooter ever..." :D

Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5
Page 6

the page 4 and 5 links are the same picture with different names and the link to page 3 of the review is not there, fixed links:

Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5
Page 6

oh, and thanks for the links in the first place, cannot wait for this game

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back