Halo 2 PC/ Only on Vista

I am not sure, but from looking at the PDF it looks like a Glove Box location. You may have to research this one yourself. :ermm:

Just double check at the postings out there on the Acura Forums to make sure of everything before ya go out and order it. I have read that in some instances the Music Link does/did not work out the box on some 2006s. Something about bleed through with another system, I think it was an audio thing of some sort. Both going on at the same time after the vehicle was turned off then back on, I could be way off on the actual problem I can't remember.

[edit]

Found it. On a rare few of the 2006 TSX when turning the car on, the ipod and XM2 play at the same time (CDC is displayed). It has been said to be now a known issue, and Acura is working on a fix. Some Dealerships are stoping installs on the TSX models.

I read on another forum:

The music link apparently doesn't work for the 06 TSX. They get XM2 bleeding into the CD-C channel but works on 04-05 just fine.

And this ugly one:

Don't get too excited. I had the Acura IPOD unit installed in my 2006
RL on Friday. It is horrible. Imagine your ipod locked in the glove
box and all you can do is go forward and back through a shuffle. The
voice uses Microsoft Mary (hard to understand) and rattles off the
alphabet. You are supposed to recognize the first letter of the album,
artist or playlist you want, press fast forward and then are supposed
to hear a short list to choose from. Despite more than 10 hours of
effort, loading, uninstalling and reinstalling computer software on two
different computers and purchasing a new IPOD, as pre 4th generation
ipods won't work at all, I never did get it to work. Heading back to
the dealer this morning....

Last edited:
Now this would be something.

The Alpine Vehicle Hub.

vehicle_hub_grafic.gif

http://www.alpine-europe.com/conten...r-system-the-best-it-can-be%97with-Alpine.htm

Here's a page that actually sells the Acura Music Link:

http://www.curryacuraparts.com/tl.html

*scroll to near bottom of page, rite before the alloy wheels*

As for the info I posted about the Acura Ipod thingy. IPD, who is a supplier out of Portland Oregon that has Volvo OE parts and accessories plus performance parts and accessories for anyone with a Swedish "Brick". They now have an iPod Adaptor.

for Volvo:
S60, S80 (all 2006)
V70 (all 2001-06)
S40 -V40 (2001-04)
850, S70, V70 (1993-2000)
C70 (1998-2006)

It's not on their online catalog yet but it is in their monthly bulletin, which I get since I order from them for my 760 turbo wagon.

This info is for anyone that has a Volvo and is interested in an iPod interface.

See image for all the info on this adaptor

Last edited:
Those are really sweet graphics on monkey island NR. I'm a PC guy and you can't beat the graphics. I'm also a Big Xbox fan with Halo/2 and the graphics don't come close to anything on PC. I have seen the 360 and WOW! Very impressed. Anyway I won't be getting Vista just because of Halo 2. Microsofts startegy here is brilliant. Didn't they have a couple million pre-orders for this game for Xbox. Gonaads, what the **** is that diagram all about.

Monkey Island... Iam actually playing MI 4, and my mom just finished MI 2, its great to hear those sounds echoing down the hallway :)

Well, the thread is a bit old now, but I do remember the days when a Direct X upgrade was available on more then 1 gen of OS. At least all the way up to Direct X 7 or 8, if not DX 9...

I do think this is an attempt to push people into upgrading though, and if the decision was made with DX and not other areas (especially if some other areas might be of more interest to the business customer), is this. Corporate customers have tended to avoid upgrading until after Service Pack 1 is released. Unfortunately also, since XP is 5 years old, which has stretched things further then when we saw a newer OS in the past, aka from win3.1 to win95, to win98, or from NT 4 to win2k, to winXP, a current example could tend to leave this out.

The reason that businesses chose to hang onto the older OS until after Service Pack 1 is released, and the reason they don't choose to be an early adopter, is a matter of stability, and not wanting to deal with an unknown set of bugs in the given product. It isn't a matter of progress vs. no progress, as much as an issue of "this product is a known quantity, we know what the issues are, and they have already been largely resolved through several generations of bug fixes. However that product has just got out of beta, neither we, nor most anyone for that matter has got their hands on it for in house testing, or other forms of testing. We don't know anything about the issues it might have, it likely has an unknown number of bugs in it, and because it's new people haven't had long to encounter them, to help discover/iron them out. Though beta testing is good for finding bugs, it won't find as many as if a product finds it's way onto millions, or tens of millions of computers.

Combine that with support issues "how do we support product X, until we've had time to get our hands onto product X, play around with product X, and learn it's issues so we can advise others knowledgeably"?

With Halo2, they might be able to say it will require Vista only, and we're not going to provide Direct X, etc, etc... However, if they did it with an enterprise level application, they could have a number of angry businesses who adamently refuse to upgrade without a service pack, and without some other early adopters to have discovered some of the issues they might run into, before employing it in a potentially mission critical environment. These companies too, wouldn't be 1 customer with $200 either, but we might be talking customers with site liscenses for instance, that if it's anything like the college I got my networking degree from payed $16 million/year for that liscense...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back