HalfLife2 Will Still be Released in September

V

Vorpal

;) Worthy of it's own thread

I saw this (top news item on this site right now):
http://www.planethalflife.com/
"The Release Date is Unchanged"

Which links to this:
http://www.computerandvideogames.co...computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php(que)id=95549

Thursday 28th August 2003

HALF-LIFE 2 TO RELEASE IN SEPTEMBER, INSISTS VALVE

The words of reassurance we've been longing for - read them inside!

16:21 Half-life 2 at ECTS - it wasn't quite what we'd hoped for, we'll admit it. Y'know, it still looks ace and all, but previously seen E3 footage, previously heard E3 speech, and a ban on questions that might expose any new information whatsoever - what the hell is that?
Oh well, at least developer Valve didn't compound our disenchantment with release date woes.

Despite whisperings of slips, Valve's Doug Lombardi stated: "the release date is unchanged". Top news indeed; that's just over a month away, mathmatically challenged Freeman fans. In the meantime, we'll be running the first part of our interview with Mr Lombardi later today...

(When they say unchanged - they're talking about the original projected Sept 30th ship date)

Definitely good news, I'll wait til it goes Gold in a coupla weeks before I start to celebrate, but... Yeehaw!

It's gonna be great...and imagine the spinoffs it'll give way to (like CS etc for the orginal)!!

Spinoffs.. you have no idea!

I've read a lot of stuff about the engine... let me give show you what has never happened before for the modding community at a games release ;) :

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=871705

(A modding book released at a games release)

Time will tell... but it's suppose to be the easiest 3D engine to work with and mod. Good things will come. Counterstrike is so popular but HalfLife was a 90% redone Quake1 engine game. Can you imagine how good Counterstike on the HL2 engine will be?

Originally posted by NerdUprising
CS on the Half Life 2 engine...... (*drools and passes out*)

if the engine is truly as scalable as valve make it out to be :)

hell yah... :D

I've never played or really been interested in the HL & CS series. But with UT getting old and UT2003 not being so good I will have to check this out.

*The Pessimist Wanders in*

Yeah, right - no chance, weve heard this crap before....

*The Pessimist has left the building*

:D

Saw the Haflife2 movies finally. I am still picking my jaw up off the floor!

hmmm, will my computer run it?? :p seriously i hope we all raided the bank for the parts to build uber computers!

Yea this is very good news. But, there are other sources that say it still isn't. Check out amazon, ebay, or gamestop. They all show different release dates. The whole mystery around this release date is very confusing. The publisher says it is pushed back and the Valve programmers say they never heard of it getting delayed. :confused:

Flatbeat, unless ur runnin a SERIOUSLY crappy computer, it should handle it. Haven't u been readin up on da HL2 news? think they said like 80% of the time they were making HL2 was put into the engine.

I wonder what are the requirements for the game, as far as the video card, things like that ¿?

Originally posted by TheBlueRaja
Hey Jmole,
Welcome to the forums...:D
Actually I was a member before, I couldn't remember my password and my email account was no longer assessable either to get my password. Oh well. :D

Heh, the modders are already coming out in droves and the public SDK hasnt even been released yet. (although a few special people have it ;) ) Check out this link for a current list of mods already being worked on. Of course, 90% of them will probably never even get to alpha, but the ones that do will hopefully be awesome.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back