Half Life2 gets new release date

sorry just noticed this from the article ...
Half-Life 2 is expected to help revive the PC gaming industry.
when did PC gaming die??

when their(valve) source code leaked and people didn't think it was gonna come out (in their eyes) :D

The other problem of course is that Half life 2 may be expected to revive the gaming industry but with things like Far Cry coming out, if Half Life 2 slips much more then you might need an occult session to revive Half Life 2 :D

Doom3/HL2 - were they government contracts? Is that why they're years overdue and still don't work???

I'm sick of companies missing release dates- it's plain rediculous, for all us pc gamers having to wait for something new to play. Regardless if source code is stolen it shouldn't take 2 years to rewrite it.

Xie said:
sorry just noticed this from the article ...
when did PC gaming die??
Looooooooooooooooooong ago.

Mubbers said:
Doom3/HL2 - were they government contracts? Is that why they're years overdue and still don't work???
Naah, I've played Doom3, it's su-****ing-perb :D

In my eyes PC gaming is only picking up more steam (no pun intended). I mean more and more consoles are just fancy overpriced PC's (ie. xbox, ect). I for one am probably done w/ the "console wars" and will probably just play PC games as most all good games are on some form of PC anyways :) Oh and I hope the whole PC gaming world wasn't based on HL2 as I believe many wrote it off ages ago and it has no effect on anything at all now. </rant>

If developers don't stop missing release dates gamers may get annoyed and just purchase consoles where they know they can get numerous titles in hordes. I may get a ps2 for some games that will never be released on pc, but I wish some would be ported.

SIRE said:
If developers don't stop missing release dates gamers may get annoyed and just purchase consoles where they know they can get numerous titles in hordes. I may get a ps2 for some games that will never be released on pc, but I wish some would be ported.
I have seen plenty of console games miss dates and be delayed .. how is it any different for PC?

Console games are delayed just as much as PC games are...

And SPeedy_B, PC gaming didn't die 'looooooooooooooong ago', the gaming platform is still up their in sales with consoles, its just aimed towards a slightly different market to the console market.

PC Games will always be better than their console equivalent!! err but that's a completely different thread I think ;)

I have two pc's and two consoles. One is a ps2 and one is a game cube that the wife bought me as a xmas prezzie. As you can see I'm into both but I refuse to buy a console that preduces most of it's games on the pc. Hence the reason I never really play the ps2 and would'nt touch the xbox with someone elses barge pole. The game cube however is a games console in it's classic form (same as snes, megadrive(genesis) and so on). The games on it are proper console games (Zelda, Metroid and so on which will never come out on the pc, except emulation). I'll agree that some games on it are on the pc (need for speed underground, sonic) but the real nintendo classics will be nintendo console only. Really proper games console and my daughter loves it.

Console games maybe delayed just as much as pc titles in your book but I can't remember the last time a game I wanted on a console was pushed back, but then again I never really cared b/c something better was on the pc which most likely kept me occupied.

They should just change title to "NoLife". In a stroke Valve would be accurately indicating the current status of their over-hyped game whilst also revealing just how sad we are for giving a damn!

Mubbers said:
They should just change title to "NoLife". In a stroke Valve would be accurately indicating the current status of their over-hyped game whilst also revealing just how sad we are for giving a damn!
I don't :D

"Valve does not plan to reveal any additional information until the time surrounding the E3 trade show, where the game will once again be shown this year. E3 will be held in Los Angeles May 12-14.."
CNNMoney

hl2_2.jpg

I don't know about you guys but when it comes out I'm going to angrily buy it. ;)

But if they don't release it pretty quick some of these new games are going to steal some of it's thunder, that FarCry demo was pretty darn nice.

napalmnthemorning said:
"Valve does not plan to reveal any additional information until the time surrounding the E3 trade show, where the game will once again be shown this year. E3 will be held in Los Angeles May 12-14.."
CNNMoney
haha they going for an E3 record for showing a game they aren't going to release? oh well the E3 "demo's" look nice ... and thats probably all I'll see or care to see of the game anyhoo :)

ps - hotlinking sites images isn't nice :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back