half-life wont work

G

Gene126

When I run half-life under xp there is a large delay between mouse movement and the action.

I move the mouse and .5 a second later the guy looks up.

Any suggestions?

Could you tell us a bit about your PC? like what video card/drivers, ram, processor? Also what video mode you're running HL in? Software mode (default) looks like you've described. If that's the case, try openGL or d3d.

Sure

Dell inspiron laptop
P4 1.6, 256mb ram
nVIDIA Geforce 2 Go graphics card
Logitech usb optical mouse and factory touchpad

I think it was in d3d mode when i tried it. I was unable to use opengl because I dont have the drivers or something

i know wat ur prob is, its just a simple command in HL... create a cfg file and call it autoexec.cfg, then place that in your half life directory. add this line to it,
gl_d3dflip "1"

or if ur not sure how to create the file go to http://www.tweak3d.net/autoexec/halflife/
and make sure u tick the box to enable Direct3D flip

although it would be better if you ran it with OpenGL... have u got the latest drivers for ur card? Try getting them and then OpenGL should work..

Thanks for all the help.

I got OpenGL drivers going and it works great!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back