Half Life: Source

Sazar

Rest In Peace
Ah, good memories and good times on a golden oldie.

Other than most of the textures, this game is AMAZING :D

It still has, I believe, the best enemy AI and the coolest selection of weapons.

Very impressed :D

And I did a clean run through in approx 4 hrs or so. Broken up into 4 sessions :D

Attachments

• old times.jpg
    old times.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 2,716
Re: [Game Review] Half Life: Source

Does it have that fish-eye effect? FPS's with fish-eye give me motion sickness.

Fish eye?

No idea m8.

All I know is, this game ROCKS.

Played it maxed out (naturally) and it was playing at the capped frame rate the whole time.

great game, no question. but those graphics... ugh!

hurry up HL2 black mesa mod :D

Does it have that fish-eye effect? FPS's with fish-eye give me motion sickness.

I've noticed this too when a game has a field of view greater than about 110 degrees (which is what makes the fish eye effect). I can't remember what Half Life's is though, maybe 90? Halo's is by far the worst, with something like 75-80 degrees. Can't see much more than your weapon and what's directly in front of you!

In the old Aliens vs. Predator game, playing as the alien gave you over 180 degrees. PUKE!

Bonus:
In the Half Life console, type "fov [integer]". I think 90 is the default. I'm not sure if the command works in HL source.

HL2 is 90 by default which gives me serious nausea feelings and headaches after an hour.

Oblivion is 75 by default and I can play that all day long in first person

In the Half Life console, type "fov [integer]". I think 90 is the default. I'm not sure if the command works in HL source.

The command is cl_fov.

cl_fov 75

cl_fov 90

cl_fov 100

Whatever value makes you happy.

cl_fov is for HL1 engine games. I do not think you can set fov in source with fov or cl_fov as I have tried and neither command is recognized.

Half Life recognizes the FOV command, but the default is set to zero as of the 1.1.1.0 patch I'm using. Changing the value doesn't do anything; they must have removed the functionality, even in single player. Typing "cl_fov" comes up as "unknown command".

Last edited:
cl_fov works for some mods of Half Life.
For Half Life itself and I think Source/HL2 try the following.

default_fov

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back