Half Life Games

N

Not Bman

Alright, I am really confused, how many HL games are there.

There was, that I know of....

Half Life, Half Life 2, Half Life 2 : The Lost Coast

and now The Orange Box is coming out?

am I missing some....so confused?

Half Life, Half Life 2, Half Life 2 : Episode 1, then Lost Coast. Which is just a showcase single level to show off their new rendering technology.

opposing force is an add-on for HL1 (just like blue shift)...

Ok here's the full list of official single player games:

Half-Life - followed by expansion packs called Half-Life: Opposing Force and Half-Life: Blue Shift. There was a bonus level created called Half-Life: Uplink which served as a demo (though the level wasn't in the original game). Half-Life: Source is a remake of the original game with better lighting and water effects.

Half Life 2 - followed by expansion pack Half-Life 2: Episode One. Also a bonus level was made freely available called Half-Life 2: The Lost Coast. Coming soon(ish) will be the expansions Half-Life 2: Episode Two and Half-Life 2: Episode Three. There are also rumours of a 4th and 5th episode.

So, full confirmed list:

Half-Life (full game)
Half-Life: Opposing Force (expansion)
Half-Life: Blue Shift (expansion)
Half-Life: Uplink (demo)
Half-Life: Source (remake)
Half-Life 2 (full game)
Half-Life 2: The Lost Coast (demo)
Half-Life 2: Episode One (expansion)
Half-Life 2: Episode Two (expansion)
Half-Life 2: Episode Three (expansion)

The 'Orange Box' contains Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2: Episode One, Half-Life 2: Episode Two as well as the spin-off games Team Fortress 2 and Portal.

There was originally another box, I think called the 'black box', which was supposed to be Half-Life 2: Episode Two, Team Fortress 2 and Portal but this has been scrapped in favour forcing people to buy all games they already own or making them download Half-Life 2: Episode Two and Portal separately from Steam.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, and ray. That helps, now I know what I need to get.

Can't wait!

Most of them are available in packages.

Some are simply not worth the money :)

Some of the packages save you a TON of money and give you the best of all worlds.

I think I currently own everything except DoD and I am about to get that soon. Once I am done with TDU.

I waited and got COD,COD:UO, and COD2 for $39.99 from steam, and now they have COH on sale. Might have to get that today. :D

Yah, I bought COD the other day.

Been there, done that with Medal of Honor. Was highly un-impressed.

Plus, the "uber" graphics features cause the fps to tank in some spots (runs just lovely on the average) which is completely unacceptable.

Oh well.

ATI Customers with black box codes will get the black box :)

Everyone else gets ripped off :D

MAkes me glad I bought ATI :)

COD2 was OK, the graphics are very good I thought. I run it on max settings and only had two or three parts where it would lag, jumping the walls going up and down the field with the grass, trees, and shrubs caused it to beg for mercy.

I still like to play MOH though, the islands are great for sniping and all aound fun, and one of the italy maps is HARD, even on easy settings. I can stand on one peak and snipe guys on the other, but I always get bombed.

You have an 1800xt correct?

I find it odd how your comments suggest you are getting a better experience than me with my 1950xt buddy :cool:

You have an 1800xt correct?

I find it odd how your comments suggest you are getting a better experience than me with my 1950xt buddy :cool:

It's like the little girl with the elephant says in the commercials, "It's the mirrors". :p

lol.

It might be.

It's not just COD though, even in TDU he seemed to be getting better performance than me :)

I have never seen my frame rate drop below 25 with all max settings on TDU @ 1680X1050, what resolution do you run at? ;)

I have almost no programs running when my system starts, around 150Mb used.

I have never seen my frame rate drop below 25 with all max settings on TDU @ 1680X1050, what resolution do you run at? ;)

I have almost no programs running when my system starts, around 150Mb used.

Define all max settings :)

I have the game running @ 1440 x 900 with all effects on maxed, 4xAA/8xAF and HDR and it hovers around 27.

Again, I find it very hard to believe you are able to average higher than me with a card that has a third of the shader units :smoker:

And I have the factory overclocked version of the 1950xt with a 650Mhz core.

:cool:

You have a e-mail addy? I will send you a video. PM me.

I am not doubting you are getting xyz FPS in your games.

I am doubting the filtering settings are any way comparative :)

Fwiw, all my CCC settings are at the highest quality.

And vertigo, between XP and Vista, while there are gaps in performance, it is not that large.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back