Half-Life 2 to Shine on Xbox

Hsn

King
April 8, 2005 - Future Magazine's Official Xbox Magazine revealed the news we've all been waiting to hear. Mostly. Creative talent Valve is in development with IGN's 2004 game of the year, Half-Life 2, originally out for PC last fall, for the current generation Xbox. It's slated for release in summer 2005.

IGN phoned Vivendi Universal, which referred us to Valve, which did not return our phone calls. IGN wonders why a game of such import and visual excellence would appear on the current generation of systems, when Xbox 360 is right around the corner (fall 2005).

OXM has yet to update their Website with the news, though the magazine has only reached subscribers and has yet to reach newsstands proper.

Still, the news is frightfully good. Half-Life 2 is officially coming to Xbox, and console gamers without the means to afford a PC high-end enough to play the PC game will now have the chance.

We'll have more on Half-life 2 soon.

That is very sweet news for people who don't have a high end gaming PC, like me. I am definitely looking forward to this. :)

I expect it'll run quite well however with reduced graphic quality as a sideeffect of the xbox inferior hardarw and data sotrage/processing capacity

wow.... didn't think Valve would release it for something other than PC. doesn't seem like it'd be the best way to play the game. can't imagine it looking quite as good. and i like how they always use the "for people who don't have a high end PC" excuse. HL2 don't need that high end of a PC. and what if you have a VERY low end PC and don't have an xbox? that means they'd either have to upgrade their computer, or pay $200+ for an xbox and the game.....

there is more money in consol games. I have a feeling this has something to do with it. Allthough valve made a sh*t load of money on the pc version of halflife 2 , especially since half life 2 was basically un pirated for the most part. STEAM evil STEAM. hehe

edit: i really need to start reading what i type more. That made no sense before hehe.

yeah..... guess that's something they didn't count on. xbox seems like it has the easiest games to copy for a console. all you really seem to need is a DVD burner and a mod chip. and i think the money is the same between console and PC games..... just that FPS's don't seem as popular on console's.

hehe hey maybe the xbox version will neeed xbox live to connect to steam lol.. that would be so funny hehe,

Grandmaster said:
Sweetness! I wonder how well it will run...
Probably like Doom3, runs well, but looks crap compared to it's PC counter-part. The Xbox may well be the most powerful console out there, hardly comparative to a beefy PC with a 6800/X850 under the hood though :)

VenomXt said:
hehe hey maybe the xbox version will neeed xbox live to connect to steam lol.. that would be so funny hehe,
Now that would amuse me :D

LordOfLA said:
I expect it'll run quite well however with reduced graphic quality as a sideeffect of the xbox inferior hardarw and data sotrage/processing capacity

drunk or tired ?

j/k but damn did you see what that looked like after ?

yeah..... that's ONE good FPS on a current generation console, which to me isn't that great, but i'm stopping what more i say on that part there....... and it's not like you can get it for PC (yet), so you have no choice but to play it on Xbox. what were the better FPS's of earlier generations? Goldeneye, Jet Force Gemini, Perfect Dark, just to name a few. hmm...... speaking of which..... i haven't heard any news about the Perfect Dark: Source mod in a while..... wonder how that's movin along.

Perfect Dark 0 should hopefully be out on Xenon, but Rare take a decade to make a single game...

I have not played half-life 2 but i really liked the first one so i'd ratehr see that one come out than the second one... maybe that will change??

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back