Half Life 2 Question

Admiral Michael

OSNN Veteran Addict
Hey All,

Well I got Half life 2 for Christmas, great game. Although I have the 5 CD set, I was wondering if there was a way to make it into a DVD.

Thanks
Admiral Mike

I don't have the cd's as I purchased through steam but I have all of the HL2 files on one dvd.

If you right-click on Half Life 2 or any game in the "play games" list you can choose the option "backup game files". Now you can back up all your games to dvd or just HL2 by ticking/unticking the boxes in front of the games list.

Sorry, AZ, I don't understand.

I think, correct me if I'm wrong, AM was asking if it possible to create 1 DVD image from the the 5 CD images. It is to make installation a breeze, for one.

I was just going to ask that, but of another game that has 6 CD's.

Heeter

what AZ said makes perfect sense since all the files have to be activated using steam... you can backup the files and burn them to a DVD and then install using that... then use your CD key to register...

Ok first off, you would need 2 DVDs. A program called "Gamejack" (google it), would allow you to copy all of the 5 HL2 cds onto 5 separate images (ie 5 files) on your Hard drive and then reload them onto 2 DVDs, the only thing with either this or the HL2 backup is that you'll still have 5 separate files that will have to be accessed, and i think you want just 2 DVDs with two files which you can't get as you purchase the CD version which has split the game 5 ways. But i may be wrong, perhaps the backup version can create two separate DVDs with just two files. Check it out.

You could always try to sell the game, then buy the dvd version.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back