Half-life 2 Music - can you rip it?

XxFirebrandxX

I am a MONKAY!
So, I just finished Half-life 2, and I really really want to get the music for it. Is there a way to rip the music from the disks or game?

Get ahold of GCFscape; it lets you extract files from your HL2 GCF files in your steam folder.

Yep, there in mp3 format. :)
"X:\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\Source Sounds.gcf"

the OST has been circulating around the net already...
for a while now.

i just beat it too
woot woot

Thanks for the lead! I did download that program, and it worked like a charm.

By the way, in my search for GCFscape, I found a thread on a different forum which gives a pretty good description of how to get everything installed. I hope it is not against the rules to post a link to a different messageboard, but it is pertinent.

http://www.halflifesource.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=23942

I hope this link helps all others who wants to get their hands on the music :D It really is a good sound track!

I'll leave it ;)

we dont really mind if it a legitmately helpful link ;)

Thanks for the info all of you. I was going to post a thread like this but have been too busy. Great help once again, thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back