Half-Life 2 Episode 1

Scott Young

Real picture of me
Just completed it, was absolutely brilliant:).

There was a teaser for episode 2 at the end and it looks brilliant too!:laugh:

Muahahaha... I'm completely wasted and I ;m gonna play it now :D

It was 17 bucks for me when I pre-bought it :smoker: if thats a word?

its like 19 bucks now.

Here are some screenies. FPS drops a little when I taker screen shots but whatever :D

May be durkn but I sptill use ze spoiler dtags :D

Shots at 1680x1050 and 4xAA and 8xAF

if you ask me it's worthwhile. they made some nice changes to stuff.... like some of the shooting/reload sounds seem a bit better. the flashlight flickers when it's about to shut off from the aux power draining instead of just shutting off. HDR looks nice (when you get to see it, since half of the episode is for the most part under ground or in a building without windows.... although you still get to see some HDR effects from the flashlight which you wind up using quite often). they get some pretty different facial expressions too. nice continuation of the storyline. could have been slightly longer, but still takes quite some time to beat.

And..... did anyone else notice that the bricks on the walls, and the metal panels on the floor of the citadel look SPECTACULAR!?!???

Some more shots.

Say hello to my l'il friend.

Personally I thought it was better than HL2...It had way my situations that used strategy rather then rambo tactics :p

I'll look at episode 1 later, as I preloaded it but didn't get a chance to unlock it yesterday.

I've been wasting too much money lately (GPU, Ram sticks) so i think that i will hold of on the game, i have so many games already that i don't play, i have a ton in steam and only play CSS or DODS.

van do you have dod source? if so is it worth getting over the reg dod?

lancer said:
van do you have dod source? if so is it worth getting over the reg dod?

DOD source is frickin good. Ill post some screens if you want. Valve really put a lot of effort into the "makeover" for dod source.

I have this weekend off, and April will be at work for tonight and tomorrow night....

Me and a sixer of Stella and perhaps some Jack or Jose will all be reuniting with the game :D

Steevo said:
I have this weekend off, and April will be at work for tonight and tomorrow night....

Me and a sixer of Stella and perhaps some Jack or Jose will all be reuniting with the game :D
Lancer - Dod source is amazing, i haven't played regular dod so i cant compare, you should really pay attention to valve though, they often do free dod source weekends, to get people to buy it.

very nice screenshots, I can't wait to get my hands on it

Gentlemen, did anyone have a problem after install, I'm having some audio & video issues.

Lawman82 said:
Gentlemen, did anyone have a problem after install, I'm having some audio & video issues.

I ran into some skipping problems at some parts, something I've had problems with in the original HL2, but nothing else.

Do you have the latest video and sound drivers for your system?

at first it didn't wanna load when i started a new game (bar seemed to stop about 3/4 loaded). actually had to restart since the task manager didn't wanna show up, Alt+f4 didn't work, and no message saying it crashed. after restart it loaded just fine, but had the same thing Luna had...... stuttering at some parts, mostly for a little bit after a loading screen.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back