Half-Life 2 Episode 1

I really like HL2. They've done a great job. There are just a few things that I would change, but nothing major. Well, except for Steam. That needs a complete overhaul..

i honestly haven't really had any problems with Steam..... just the games that run off of it. they could do some revising of the steam news stuff though. get kinda tired of seeing Steam News say "HL2DM Released! Get it now!" (though i haven't seen that one in a while.... that i remember)

finished it yesterday, thought it was excellent. loved the additions of more "thinking" sections and areas, have alyex follow you was good as well.

there have been updates inc HDRL, improved model and face animations and such. def play through a couple more times soon

If anyones is looking to buy the game. Circuit City has it for $7.99 this week.

Great post, xfod :p

I wish they had a circuit city in our town... the shipping wouldn't be worth it probably...

Anyone know off hand what walmart stores has it listed for?

I bought it yesterday at Walmart for 7.99. I told them about Circuit City haveing it onsale for that price and they matched it.

I am really thinking about picking this up, roughly how much gameplay time is there? Valve says 6 hours... but we all know these numbers are completely subjective. Curious as to what other gamers are actually getting out of it.

i honestly got quite a few. the day it came out, i think i started playing at maybe 2-3PM, and wasn't finished till probably around 10PM.... with minor breaks in-between. was just too involving to want to walk away for a while. not like some games i played, where after playing for maybe an hour or so you start to think "man...... what else can i do?". Episode 1 actually gets you hooked.... makes it hard to turn away. least..... that's how i felt about it.

Episode One was very catchy - like a sneak preview of what's to come, only whatever's coming will be even better...and this was pretty darn good as is :p I'd say buy it - but don't expect a full game! I don't know about six hours;
I finished it in three flat and it really leaves you hanging :laugh:

I am really thinking about picking this up, roughly how much gameplay time is there? Valve says 6 hours... but we all know these numbers are completely subjective. Curious as to what other gamers are actually getting out of it.

It really depends on how fast ya want to play. Or if you want to pace yourself and enjoy the sights.

My average time was about 3 hours, including my run with full commentary mode.

It's not long but it's worth it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back