Half Life 1 Storyline Recap

rhythmicmoose

OSNN Newbie
I just bought Half Life 2, but have never played the original. I was wondering if anyone on here could offer me a recap of the story thus far. I'm particularly interested in any plot twists, and any background information on characters that return in the sequel.

Thanks a ton. If anyone knows of a site that's already covered this, please link me. That works too.

And for anyone who views this as blasphemy, don't worry. I bought the silver package, so I'll play Half Life Source once I'm done with 2.

but first everyone give a warm welcome to my friend, rhythmicmoose.

well...welcome man.

rhythmicmoose said:
I just bought Half Life 2, but have never played the original. I was wondering if anyone on here could offer me a recap of the story thus far. I'm particularly interested in any plot twists, and any background information on characters that return in the sequel.

Thanks a ton. If anyone knows of a site that's already covered this, please link me. That works too.

And for anyone who views this as blasphemy, don't worry. I bought the silver package, so I'll play Half Life Source once I'm done with 2.

if you play hl2 first..it will be just a pretty game...be strong and play hl first

well since no one's posted i'll start us off from what i remember, although it was a long time ago. you start off as gordon freeman, you go to a laboratory experiment, switch on something, and a portal opens up. aliens come from the portal, and the world has gone crazy. there are few survivors, but a few guards and people still alive help you. you try to get to the surface, and then the marines come. you keep fighting the marines, and i'm not sure what happens after that.

howdy rhythmicmoose. i'll add to what logisticprism wrote. during hl1, you also teleport a bit, a couple of times to Xen, which was the alien's (vortigaunts) homeworld. It was a really sparse kind of trippy world w/ no gravity. The hottie from HL2 wasn't in the first one, and Barney was. oh yeah, Forget about Freeman.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back