Hacked!

N

Not Bman

So how do I find out if someone is hacking my computer or network?

I have been having problems with downloading files and once in awhile firefox will act weird. As in, I click on anything, even refresh it wont do anything, no error no nothing. Then once clicking a million times it will load, oh wait then it wont. It's very weird and for reasons that are too hard to explain I know it's not Firefox itself, and its not the downloaded files themselves.

All I want to know is, how can I find out if someone is in my network or computer, and how do I get rid of them.

you on a wired or wireless network, have you ran anti virus, and search bot and destroy (or other spyware tools), get hijack this and give us a log of what it says are running, you could change your password, i have had issues with pages not loading here with firefox, or taking an age, it could just be sheer load on the website, or a dns issue, or sheer load at your isp

O10 - Broken Internet access because of LSP provider 'c:\program files\bonjour\mdnsnsp.dll' missing - has been known to cause issues, one of the first things i disable when i install any of the adobe CS3 products

If using Windows XP...

start -> run -> type 'cmd' to bring up a command prompt
type 'sc stop "Bonjour Service"' (include the double quotes but not the single ones!)
type 'sc delete "Bonjour Service"'

Then go to the Bonjour folder and delete the .exe. There is also a dll that cannot be deleted. Change the name of the dll and reboot, and then delete it. AFter that, you need to run a free downloadable program called lspfix, because Bonjour fouls yet something else up that I don't completely understand, but the fix does, in fact, work. You may need Admin rights to do this; I'm not sure. BTW, deleting Bonjour has had no negative impact on my Adobe or ITunes apps that I have been able to discern; which raises yet MORE questions about why it is required in the first place.

you could give that a go - with that lspfix - it should pick up the entry that needs to be removed, all you need to do is tick the box that says you know what you are doing and click ok

Hopefuly that should help

Last edited:
O10 - Broken Internet access because of LSP provider 'c:\program files\bonjour\mdnsnsp.dll' missing - has been known to cause issues, one of the first things i disable when i install any of the adobe CS3 products

If using Windows XP...

start -> run -> type 'cmd' to bring up a command prompt
type 'sc stop "Bonjour Service"' (include the double quotes but not the single ones!)
type 'sc delete "Bonjour Service"'

Then go to the Bonjour folder and delete the .exe. There is also a dll that cannot be deleted. Change the name of the dll and reboot, and then delete it. AFter that, you need to run a free downloadable program called lspfix, because Bonjour fouls yet something else up that I don't completely understand, but the fix does, in fact, work. You may need Admin rights to do this; I'm not sure. BTW, deleting Bonjour has had no negative impact on my Adobe or ITunes apps that I have been able to discern; which raises yet MORE questions about why it is required in the first place.

you could give that a go - with that lspfix - it should pick up the entry that needs to be removed, all you need to do is tick the box that says you know what you are doing and click ok

Hopefuly that should help

I removed the Bonjour service awhile go with some hack .exe file from adobe. But I never used that other thing, I just did that. I will see if I still get problems. I do not use my firewall either.

I have found it gave problems in the past with certain programs and internet speeds.

I just turned it on, for ****s and giggles. It has this in the exceptions "etqwded.exe"

Is that something bad?

which one(s) did you try ? - i think alot of them has that issue fixed now - i would seriously advise the use of a firewall unless you are running a router - which most have a firewall on there blocking incoming

hahah I just turned on the Windows one, and I am using a router. So should I leave it off like I had it, or just keep it on.

Besides the point. The weird problems seem to start (and internet extremely slow down) when I open my download program (uTorrent) now I have been using that for years without a problem. I have had it setup properly before and setup out of install as well. Now I seriously don't think it could be uTorrent but so far it seems like my internet and everything is normal when it is closed.

This makes no sense, nothing has changed or anything. And how could that program effect firefox the way it has (if it will do it again, not sure yet).

stable utorrent or a beta - and torrent progs do use a lot of connections - and some isps are throttling torrents now

I just read through this thread
http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=14407&p=1

and seems now that the settings I changed in uTorrent worked. My internet seems to be normal with it open now. Now I don't know if that weird thing with firefox once I download something will start again or not, so I will update on that once I know.

Oh and Carpo, you are on OSNN to often lol, I think you have solved or helped on all my problems in the last 2 months ahhaa

suppose i could get ep to del my account if ya want - but who will help you solve your problems :p

So I tried a few new downloads with uTorrent and the same problem. The downloads wont get a connection and give error and my internet slows to a hault. I read through the forums but its alot of blah blah blah.

For ****s to see if it's my computer or if somehow (even though I have been using it over a year now without any problems) if it is uTorrent. I installed Aszureus and tired downloading the same files and all that good stuff. And guess what, internet is fine and I am getting great speeds and all is normal.

So whats the deal? After I think it might be even 2 years of using uTorrent without a hitch, even when I customized the settings it was fine. All of a sudden, and I mean that, it was fine a week ago, it does not work>???? ANY ideas?

Download and install Comodo firewall.

It is a bit of a pain at first but it can really save your bacon.

Make sure your upload in utorrent is only 80% of what your ISP gives you. May help to delete the setting and start over.

Not sure where they are located in Vista but in XP they are in:

Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\uTorrent\

Just delete all the files in there then launch utorrent and setup again.

edit: also change the port you are using in utorrent

Last edited:
I have changed the port many times, and did all that port fowarding and blah blah. This time I can't remember if I tweaked settings or not. I will try deleting those files and starting over.

there was a tweak in xp where it limited the number of tcp/ip connections you could try highering that up, or like others have said - if your uploading at full speed this will affect the download speed - least on cable - not too sure on asdl

What ISP you got? Sounds like it could be sandvine. :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back