Guitar Hero 5 Initial thoughts

Vanquished

Mr. Bananagrabber
Political Access
Although I think like 75% of the songs on Guitar hero 5 are crap (Though I usually only listen to classic rock) I am so pumped for Sultans of Swing and Do you feel like we do to finally be on it. That I'm just gonna have to bite the bullet and buy this one.

Anyone else?

I am with EP on this. I never played any Guitar Hero or Rock Band to date. I always thought I know how to play real guitar what is the point, and I hate doing things like that in front of people. But recently I am thinking I want to try it.

Should I get the latest or what version should I get? And I would only want guitar so...

I am with EP on this. I never played any Guitar Hero or Rock Band to date. I always thought I know how to play real guitar what is the point, and I hate doing things like that in front of people. But recently I am thinking I want to try it.

Should I get the latest or what version should I get? And I would only want guitar so...
Yea, i was like that at first, but I then got the game and tried it at my house and found out i was pretty good at it, and soon enough I didn't mind doing it with friends.

I like Rockband better than guitar hero, especially since I got rockband one, but because Rockband is cool, they allow you to download all the songs for rockband II as well as ones specifically for Rockband one so you stay current with songs even though you bought the old game. I also recommend purchasing the game and guitar sperate, what I did was purchase both from Amazon, i paid 15 for rockband and 15 for guitar hero III but i bought the frontman guitars for the ps3, because unlike the dedicated rockband or guitar hero guitars, these frontman guitars work for both, they also cost 12-17 bucks on Amazon, as opposed to the 50 for the brand name guitars, and in fact they work better than the guitar hero 4 guitars which had their strum bars break after 10,000 strokes (they cheaped out and bought only 10,000 click switches).

Anyways, I'd definitely recommend getting Rockband as it has so many more downloadable songs than the guitar heroes and its just as fun.

Perhaps if they had a "Jam Band" version I might be interested, granted I haven't gone through every song on them, but I'm willing to bet most would make me wish I was deaf. :(

At first I was going to comment and say I just said I only want guitar, but then noticed at what you said. Buy Rock Band by itself without anything, and just get the guitar. Is the game as good if you only play guitar on rock band?

I heard that one of the bands I listen to, Garbage (complete opposite of their name), is going to be on there. I've only owned Guitar Hero: Legends of Rock and that game was pretty bleh. I think I'll be investing in GH5 sometime next year....after I get MW2. :)

I'm fairly pleased with how it looks. Garbage is also one of my favorite bands and I was thrilled to see they would be included in that game with Shirley Manson as a character even! I'm hoping to get it at some point, but I'm getting weary of the Guitar Hero series and how over-made it is becoming. Give it a rest, eh?

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back