Guide: WMP9 Now Playing

How do you mean Benny....?

for me it lags a bit while it sends the info to the server, but nothing drastic

Alan

In that respect winamp's now playing is better, because it doesnt crash if the server is down or unreachable, it doesnt lag, doesnt slow down.

When I say lag I mean the cursor is busy for about 2-3 secs.....

As I said...nothing to drastic.......I think :)

Alan

Glad you guys got it working, Alan and Benny :)
I'm sorry I couldn't be of assistance while you were having problems with it, Alan. I was in the process of moving to my university dorm room. It's great you got it all figured out.
Also, thanks for the assistance X-Istence ;)

Originally posted by Alan
How do you mean Benny....?

for me it lags a bit while it sends the info to the server, but nothing drastic

Alan
It tends to freeze wmp up when changing tune... kinda annoying :confused:

I think this is while its sending the info........

I'm on B/band.......... and as I say its only for a couple of sec's

X-Istence is quite right when he said the Winamp plug-in is better......I remember using it a while ago with some built in server.......

But I just like Wmp9......looks more sechy :)

Alan

congrats on the 500...
if winamp starts doing its menues and GUI like wmp i'm switching , but they dont :p

Originally posted by Benny
congrats on the 500...
if winamp starts doing its menues and GUI like wmp i'm switching , but they dont :p

They will in V5.0 allow for free form skins, so anyone can make it look like however they want, so mabey a WMP theme will come up, i personally prefer winamp, just start it up, hit play, and dont touch it anymore.

The fact that it sits in the trays i what i like :).

aha - I was wondering about this...

and there I was thinking it was all Bennies own invention!

I wonder if this will catch on? The scarey part would be if you started having others listen to your toonz.... whoa that would eat bandwidth!

Re: aha - I was wondering about this...

Originally posted by MainframeGuy
and there I was thinking it was all Bennies own invention!

I wonder if this will catch on? The scarey part would be if you started having others listen to your toonz.... whoa that would eat bandwidth!

Nobody can listen to any body else choons with this.

Ok..I'm really confused now. I made the "nowplaying.php" and "nowplayingimg.php" files and uploaded them. I entered that info into WMP9 and nothing shows up. Do I have everything, ect ect. Confused..

Originally posted by bman™
Ok..I'm really confused now. I made the "nowplaying.php" and "nowplayingimg.php" files and uploaded them. I entered that info into WMP9 and nothing shows up. Do I have everything, ect ect. Confused..

It would help if you could provide more details...perhaps a screenshot of your Songwriter settings dialog box (with the username/password blurred out, of course)?

Originally posted by Alan
Do you mean like this X-Istence? :p

I think he means the Winamp feature that gets it off the taskbar completely. All you see is a small Winamp icon in the system tray next to the clock, and other icons.
For that purpose, you can always use little programs like RBTray, and others, which can minimize any application to the system tray. RBTray uses less than 500k of RAM too.

For that purpose, you can always use little programs like RBTray, and others, which can minimize any application to the system tray. RBTray uses less than 500k of RAM too.

Nice little tool thx for the heads up NetRyder ;)

sorry for the little detail, I was meaning for putting it on the forums, the showing what is playing thing. Im not sure what files im suppose to use from the tutorial. Here is my details... is the User Name, the name your provider gave you or of ntfs? and is the top address, the address of the file..which file?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back