Guide: Howto make your own XP-Themes!

AndyP

OSNN Senior Addict
Sick of using other peoples themes ?
Thought so!
So I have made a tutorial for you, where you learn all the basics you need to make great themes for XP.
Look at the guide here:
Theme tutorial
UPDATE, New link: http://www.ntfs.org/articles.php?action=show&id=40

I've also made a theme that is the final result of this tutorial
Download the theme here:
Tutorial Theme

If you have any comments please post theme here. Also I would appreciate if you tell me what you think about the tutorial/theme!

Good luck to all of you!

AndyP-moderator

nice tutorial ... thanks

Im going to make one tonight and submit it, if its good enough

Can you attach a screenshot here of your theme please

Thanksyou

Thank you!

The screenshot is the last screen in the tutorial mate....But I'll put one up here too if you like.

I've printed your tutorial. I'm kinda busy cleaning and organizing my computer since I reformatted. I think you have come up with a nice and simple tutorial. Well-documented and very informative. Thanks for your time and work. I'll post some themes once I get started.

?? for anyone,
How do you create and install a new boot up graphic in windows 9X or XP, ya know that annoying lil screen some call a "SPLASH' or BOOT UP screen.

I have asked at least 10 people and got 10 entirely different answers that non of which work..

Any Ideas??!

Thanks
rob

Great post

Great post thanks for the info. I am gonna try this now.:)

Great tutorial! I'll be posting my theme (in progress) soon.

Anyone have any good wallpaper/images of beautiful women? Clothed, not clothed, painted, nude, wet, in dresses, bikinis, pants, and more...let me know. PM me.

FALCON

Do you mean the Windows ME thing that comes up at the bootup, then yes you can change it.
Use yahoo and look for SUSD, it is a freeware (I think I didnt use it long) program for changing the Start Up Shut Down screens. It allows you to use either BMP or JPG files as the screen.

XP I dont know of any way you can do this, unless SUSD now has an XP version.

Hey andy, great tutorial, I'm gonna try and make a theme soon!

One question, I don't use styleXP, I used the uxtheme hack, and when I run the stylebuilder install, it tells me that I need styleXP. Do I really need it, or is this just a shameless plug?

Re: Thank you!

Originally posted by andyp
The screenshot is the last screen in the tutorial mate....But I'll put one up here too if you like.

waiting . . .

did anyone save the tutorial? It cannot be accessed anymore because of the recent site problems, and I want to make a theme for myself! :)

The tutorial is great, and maybe I missed this part, but how do you change the "start" text and windows flag on the start button (as shown on the last picture?)

Where can I download the latest version of stylebuilder?

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back