Guide: Apache and PHP on Windows

this link didn't work for me, maybe after i get the mysql figure out.. i'll ask how to find this install.php =)

Originally posted by Unleashed
Ive installed phpBB too many times :p
To install it, just go to http://localhost/phpBB2/install/install.php and fill out the relevant boxes. When thats done just press install, then Finish Installation. It will say to delete the contrib and the install directories. Just delete them and youre done!

If youre using phpTriad like suggested, just do what it says on the first page of this tut. Start the CP thingy, and click Start Service in the page.

how do i run msql??
please tell me how!
I beleive i may have installed it.. but i don't know where to find it so i can comfirm that it's installed..

It should just be in the start menu under programs > PHP Triad.

my mysql is not communicating at all.. does anyone know why?
PHP Triad just disappear~i could have swear it was under start/programs but now.. it's "gone"... aahh..

still there's something wrong with mysql not connecting.. once i get that running..

help?!!!!!!

this is what i get when clicking on http://localhost/install.php
---
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, admin@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

have you had a look in the error log ?

(should be somewhere like c:\apache\logs\error.log, but don't quote me on that)

hey guys..thanks for the help..i finally got it up and running..
thanks to unleash, and speedyb and many of you that i haven't mention...

Great guide Speedy. Managed to bumble my way thru it. Couple of things.

1/ In the services does workstation have to be enabled?

2/ Is it a good idea to put the mysql into the startup folder so it starts with windows or start it manually after windows?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back