GUI Customization Resources and Tutorials: Themes, Icons, Docks etc.

*Gasp* How could I forget AveDesk, my current favorite widget app!
smile.gif

AveDesk 1.1

I've seen a lot about AveDesk over at Aqua-Soft, but haven't taken the time to get familiar with it. Definitely should be on the list though!

I need to get familiar with it.

*goes to do some reading*

heres a view(very rustic) of what I used AveDesk for. Will configure more when I get time :D

Attachments

• desk2.jpg
    desk2.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 449
delta4s said:
whoa AveDesk blew me away !
Yep, it can do some brilliant stuff that not only looks good, but is really practical too. I love the FTP drop widget - it's amazingly convenient.

Just added IconPhile to the list (thanks NetRyder). It's the first addition to this thread in quite a while, and I think it would be nice to keep it current until Longhorn comes out. Please post if you see that something should be added! :)

@delta4s - I'm rather fond of that email icon. Will you attach it or email it please?

I've noticed on some Mac OS X clones (Windows desktop) that people have managed to change the taskbar (?) to resemble OS X - complete with <Current App>, File, Edit, Window, etc...

If someone could tell me what app is being used to do this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

There are several dead links. Including that CRNI website. Does anyone know of another good objectbar skin site!?

I added a dock to my 2nd monitor screen that has like my windows media player, winamp, bitlord, etc. all on a dock so I don't have to use my primary monitor every time to open apps that I would use solely on my primary monitor. I'm having a problem with this objectdock however, after I open a program off of the dock, a black box replaces the icon. This stands true for every app I open off of the dock. If anyone else knows a solution, or perhaps an easier way to either duplicate my taskbar to the 2nd monitor please tell me. Thanks.

BennyJeanX said:
There are several dead links. Including that CRNI website. Does anyone know of another good objectbar skin site!?

I'm going back through the original thread and updating/removing bad links. I'll see what I can find in terms of objectbar skins.

BennyJeanX said:
I added a dock to my 2nd monitor screen that has like my windows media player, winamp, bitlord, etc. all on a dock so I don't have to use my primary monitor every time to open apps that I would use solely on my primary monitor. I'm having a problem with this objectdock however, after I open a program off of the dock, a black box replaces the icon. This stands true for every app I open off of the dock. If anyone else knows a solution, or perhaps an easier way to either duplicate my taskbar to the 2nd monitor please tell me. Thanks.

I never experienced this problem, but I'll see if I can find any information for you. I don't know if it has something to do with the dual monitor setup or the way your dock is configured.

muzikool said:
I'm going back through the original thread and updating/removing bad links. I'll see what I can find in terms of objectbar skins.

Links cleaned up. Take a look at SkinBase.org for ObjectBar skins.

muzikool said:
I never experienced this problem, but I'll see if I can find any information for you. I don't know if it has something to do with the dual monitor setup or the way your dock is configured.

Take a look at this forum for ObjectDock to see if you can find some help with the icon issue.

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I recently bought a new laptop and I completely forgot how to change the theme. I've downloaded and installed the patch, and have a theme ready to go, but after that, I'm lost.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back