GUI Color poll

Corvette

Sauske!
The question is: What's the best color for a GUI? This question has sparked contervercy atfer I posted a screenshot of a red color schemed verison of Red Hat Linux 9's default theme BlueCurve on my remote linux desktop.

Dark Blue or Gray, Silver, Off-white, those are my most commonly used ones.

Yes, If you work for Microsoft (Luna comes in 2 of those colors and Olive green which some people detest)

I went with blue (surprise eh?) - but silver is a very close second

I voted for silver. A silver environment is easy on the eyes, but should successfully be "spiced" with details in other colours so it doesn't get too boring.

I think that silver is too restricting. With blue, green and so on, you can have variations, gradients and various pastelly colours which are very easy on the eye, with silver you're stuck with the same sort of colour all the time.

i agree with speedy .... silver is nice to look at .. but difficult to vary ... at least with ble you can add gradients etc.... i use winamp 3 (poo i know) and the one thing that gnarles me is that the colour schemes with most skins are silver esqe and they dont really vary from the original ....

on the other side ... we are all individuals (baa baaa) and what a boring screen shot section the forum would be if we were all the same ..

/me steps off of soapbox (phew its hot)

I actually like, and use most often off white as Geffy mentioned, at the moment though i'm using a dark grey/light grey sort of combo

and i dont mind Luna green :)

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
I think that silver is too restricting. With blue, green and so on, you can have variations, gradients and various pastelly colours which are very easy on the eye, with silver you're stuck with the same sort of colour all the time.
That's the spicing I was talking about. Main GUI areas in silvrish, pale colour and details, framing and so on in more distinct colours, fades and gradiants.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back