• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

GUI Color poll

The question is: What's the best color for a GUI? This question has sparked contervercy atfer I posted a screenshot of a red color schemed verison of Red Hat Linux 9's default theme BlueCurve on my remote linux desktop.

I voted for silver. A silver environment is easy on the eyes, but should successfully be "spiced" with details in other colours so it doesn't get too boring.

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
I think that silver is too restricting. With blue, green and so on, you can have variations, gradients and various pastelly colours which are very easy on the eye, with silver you're stuck with the same sort of colour all the time.

Mooz

Moozically Con~foozed
i agree with speedy .... silver is nice to look at .. but difficult to vary ... at least with ble you can add gradients etc.... i use winamp 3 (poo i know) and the one thing that gnarles me is that the colour schemes with most skins are silver esqe and they dont really vary from the original ....

on the other side ... we are all individuals (baa baaa) and what a boring screen shot section the forum would be if we were all the same ..

/me steps off of soapbox (phew its hot)

I actually like, and use most often off white as Geffy mentioned, at the moment though i'm using a dark grey/light grey sort of combo

and i dont mind Luna green :)

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
I think that silver is too restricting. With blue, green and so on, you can have variations, gradients and various pastelly colours which are very easy on the eye, with silver you're stuck with the same sort of colour all the time.
That's the spicing I was talking about. Main GUI areas in silvrish, pale colour and details, framing and so on in more distinct colours, fades and gradiants.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies