Guess the Vista Launch Date Contest!

kcnychief

??? ??? ?
Political Access
Just received this e-mail earlier today....

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Welcome xxxxx to the Vista and Office “12” Beta Experience [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It’s great to have you back again! We are excited about the next generation of the Microsoft Windows operating system and the new Microsoft Office world and are looking forward to taking this thrilling experience together with you. The Beta Experience newsletters will start end of January 2006 with a closer look at the Windows Presentation Foundation and Office “12” demonstrations. We are also planning additional events where we will dive into the depths of Vista and Office “12” technologies. The Beta Experience program will continue with developer newsletters every six weeks until the launches of Microsoft Windows Vista and Office “12”.

Today we celebrate the start of the Beta Experience program with an exclusive online event: Take part in the Guess the launch date contest!

The big question is: when will the final Windows Vista product be officially launched? Try your luck and guess the launch date. The closer you guess, the better your chances of winning one of the 10 top prizes.

This is what you can win:[/FONT]
1st Prize: Live at the Vista launch event in the USA: a full package with entry, flight, and 3 nights in a 4-star hotel.
2nd?4th Prize: XBOX 360
5th?10th Prize: XBOX 360 Core System

:D

Last edited:
Saw the mail this morning. Going to have to make an umm..."educated guess." :D

Well we know it is pretty much Q4 2006, I can submit a guess per day with unique e-mail addy's each time ;)

*runs off to create many hotmail accounts* :D

Yeah, I got it too...I didn't go with what they were "recommending" though. I went a little bit after that date :p

August 1, 2006 because that is the first day Microsoft's Antispyware (beta 1) is expired.

legodude83089 said:
August 1, 2006 because that is the first day Microsoft's Antispyware (beta 1) is expired.

Dam, That is how I was thinking as well. That's what I put in.

Heeter

August 24th 2006 - 5 years after XP went RTM and 11 years after the day Windows 95 came out :p

And my birthday hehe

I have a feeling august is a little early but then again I haven't been following the whole Vista thing lately

Electronic Punk said:
August 24th 2006 - 5 years after XP went RTM and 11 years after the day Windows 95 came out :p

And my birthday hehe
subtly put in there :)

im interested to find out when it will come out 2! About a year ago they said it would be ready around May 2006 - so much for that!

Im guessing around the August month because of Electronic Punk's theory :)

Dec 23 on retail shelves.... just in time for christmas... lol :p

EP seems to have a thought-out guess, but then it's Microsofts Codenamed Longhorn OS were talking about - the one that encountered numerous delays :eek:

December 7th 2006. You heard it here first.

XP will be fully supported until 2008

I believe MS want to make sure systems that are bought for Xmas next year come preloaded with Vista, I think that may be cutting it a bit fine.

That's easy, manufacturers will begin installing it on systems to ship out in early December.

Wiki agrees with you EP. Just read the document... they agree with the 5 year idea...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back