Guess the Vista Launch Date Contest!

Having it available for system builders by a Christmas 2006 buying season makes sense.

What would remain to be seen however is how long before actual retail ship, RTM might be however. I seem to remember, when I had some of the betas through MSDN, that release to manufacturer preceded the actual retail ship (aka when you and I could buy a copy on the store shelves, without purchasing a new system) by a few weeks or there abouts. It's been a long time since winXP left beta though, so my memory's a tad fuzzy on the dates though...

tomorrow :smoker:

nah, I can't wait for it to come out, but I will need a new PC by then.

I will pick November 13th :)

Either way, I'm very excited :)

Looks like I can get myself a nice early christmas gift :)

I guess that will be the release date but will RTM long before that so that it will be available with machines around that date.

Seems far too late to give it to OEMs on that date and still get machines for xmas with it pre-installed.

wwwdjrcs said:
Either way, I'm very excited :)

Looks like I can get myself a nice early christmas gift :)

I think it will be one expensive christmas present!

I'm betting the December 5. Windows XP was released on a Tuesday (and new games, movies, and software usually are).

wwwdjrcs said:
You can't put a price on sheer happyneess :)

Very true. I can't wait for it either. It will be the greatest (I hope)!! :)

Hooray for working for a company that gives it out for free :lick:

My guess is January 13th 2007
LOL i know its a ways off but what the heck i think it will be that far...
-jack

dont we most likely know that'll it will come in December of this year (2006)?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back