• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Guess the Vista Launch Date Contest!

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
Just received this e-mail earlier today....

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Welcome xxxxx to the Vista and Office “12” Beta Experience [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It’s great to have you back again! We are excited about the next generation of the Microsoft Windows operating system and the new Microsoft Office world and are looking forward to taking this thrilling experience together with you. The Beta Experience newsletters will start end of January 2006 with a closer look at the Windows Presentation Foundation and Office “12” demonstrations. We are also planning additional events where we will dive into the depths of Vista and Office “12” technologies. The Beta Experience program will continue with developer newsletters every six weeks until the launches of Microsoft Windows Vista and Office “12”.

Today we celebrate the start of the Beta Experience program with an exclusive online event: Take part in the Guess the launch date contest!

The big question is: when will the final Windows Vista product be officially launched? Try your luck and guess the launch date. The closer you guess, the better your chances of winning one of the 10 top prizes.

This is what you can win:[/FONT]
1st Prize: Live at the Vista launch event in the USA: a full package with entry, flight, and 3 nights in a 4-star hotel.
2nd−4th Prize: XBOX 360
5th−10th Prize: XBOX 360 Core System
:D

Last edited:

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
Well we know it is pretty much Q4 2006, I can submit a guess per day with unique e-mail addy's each time ;)

*runs off to create many hotmail accounts* :D

apu95

Caffeine-->Code Converter
Yeah, I got it too...I didn't go with what they were "recommending" though. I went a little bit after that date :p

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
legodude83089 said:
August 1, 2006 because that is the first day Microsoft's Antispyware (beta 1) is expired.
Dam, That is how I was thinking as well. That's what I put in.

Heeter

Tittles

Dabba Dooba
Political User
I have a feeling august is a little early but then again I haven't been following the whole Vista thing lately

DaVo

OSNN Addict
im interested to find out when it will come out 2! About a year ago they said it would be ready around May 2006 - so much for that!

Im guessing around the August month because of Electronic Punk's theory :)

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
I believe MS want to make sure systems that are bought for Xmas next year come preloaded with Vista, I think that may be cutting it a bit fine.

That's easy, manufacturers will begin installing it on systems to ship out in early December.

Wiki agrees with you EP. Just read the document... they agree with the 5 year idea...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix