GTX260 216core power requirements

LordOfLA

Godlike!
Any one know the power required by the following card? Got one coming and I'm not finding any concrete figures.

Mfg. Product Number XFX/FX-260V-ADEF
Product Desc. 896MB XFX GTX 260 621MHZ+FARC2

From guesses based on rough figures my Tagan TG530-U15 is right on the edge of the cards requirements (MAx output is 33A in combimbed +12v mode, card supposedly requires 34A at stock) and I'm about to apply the "if in doubt get a bigger psu" rule.

With both CPU and VGA card OC'd paired with 4 SATA2 drives it seems that bigger PSU is probably the sensible move anyway though. If I can get away with not doing that though it'd be ideal :D

very nice, might have to look into one

edit: 120 notes - bit f'ing steep, but i suppose if i want to use the spare 8600 in the htpc i will need to move on up from the 450w thats in there

GFX card arrived, installed, working and stupid fast :D

Still need that other PSU, current one is working uncomforably close to maximum load.

Nice update there :) The corsair PSU are meant to be really good (i belive they are a rebranded other make, (seasonic maybe)). Nearly got one for my HTPC went with a Tagan in the end as i knew they were damn quiet and it was modular.

Its a slightly improved Channel Well PSH850 according to the two reviews I've looked at :)

oooh should mention, got farcry 2 and mirrors edge free with it too :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back