GTA3 Tweaks

G

GhaLeoN

assuming everyone has downloaded the latest drivers and the GTA3/XP fix, what are some tweaks to get the best possible framerate out of GTA3?

Other then turning off trails and lowering your draw distance there is nothing much you can do other then getting a new video board or overclocking your current one. GTA is a hog when it comes to graphics.

but it is the first game to make me glad I bought a gf4

i dont find its a hog at all

its running real smooth for me with an AMD 850, geforce 2 TI

turning off trails helped alot though

Yea, surprisingly it has run real well on my system, Celeron 500 384mb ram, geforce 2 mx 400. I turned off trails and frame sync and run the game at 1024x768 no problemo. Soldier of Fortune 2, however, is different, and is bordering unplayable using basically the same settings.

hey, so does turning off frame sync give a higher boost of FPS?

what is the option there for anyways? to prevent tearing?

hey, so does turning off frame sync give a higher boost of FPS?

what is the option there for anyways? to prevent tearing?

I was wondering the same thing......

I think it basically stops the refresh rate syncing with the framerate (or something) - so theoretically you can squeeze out a few extra FPS, but yes you will see some tearing. I find it runs best with frame sync off, but Frame Limiter turned on. I'm running it @ 1600 x 1200, 32 bit with draw distance up 3/4 of the way and I've yet to see any slowdown. BTW, i think they've done a quality job on the graphics in this game - everything seems so much clearer than on the PS2.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back