GTA3 Run Problems

J

jvjb1983

Yeah I have a Problem With GTA3 running on my system. All it does is chop along for no reason all throughout the game. I know that it can run good since I installed it on a friend of mines system and it ran perfectly. Since then I have reformated and it still oesn't run right. On a fresh format I downloaded the Xp patch and all my updated drivers installed and it still won't run right for me. And it sucks since I just went out and got the game the other last week and haven't had it run on my system yet.

Specs:
Athlon XP1800+
ECS K7S5A MainBoard
16x Sony DVD-ROM
20x10x40x LG Burner
256 MB PC133
15 GB Maxtor HDD
GeForce 2MX200 Oc'd

No Heat Problems Because I'm Running 2 80 mm case fans and A Volcano7+ CPU Fan.

I've Tried it with all the settings off but the resolution can't go any lower then 800x600 32 bit

i don't think its your GFX card i got a Geforce DDR and it runs great

i got amd athlon 1.2 so it its not the CPU either, try diasbling Trails i've read those cause problems.

EDIT: btw you can only change resolution BEFORE you start the game, on the main menu go into options and change it there.

nIabI

my roommate has the same vid card as you. try disabling trails, that should help a little bit. but its definitely the video card that is causing your problems.

maybe your video card. the game runs great for me on

Amd Athlon 700mhz
128ram
Geforce 2 MX400 64MB

If your mobo has via chipset try updating the via 4 in 1 drivers

I've tried all of those things but still it runs choppy. I've dissabled all settings and even put the resolution down to 640x480x16 and it still looks and runs bad. I'm running the newest dtanator drives and updated windows XP Pro with all other system updates.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back