GTA3 Problems

T

TrIpWiRe31337

Hey guys, I have had problems with GTA3 for a while now. I keep getting the same fault when the game starts up, nothing prevents it.

unhandled exception: C00000005
at address: 009cf47d

and the game just crashes. I have a Geforce 2 Mx400, and I have used the 28.32's, and the 29.42's no luck. Is it possible it just doesn't like my vid card?

sorry...

it didn't work... thanks for trying. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. BTW, I am one of the annoying leeches who pirate their games. Its not that I have anything against buying software, but my 16 year old life doesn't really afford me a lot of cash just lieing around for a game I will get tired of in a week. But, the ISO's I have are widly used, and seem to work for everyone.. but me!

trip i got bad news my friend... I HAVE THE SAME ERROR.. and i emailed the company and support and they still cant fix it... so I BELIEVE that the problem is from GF2 cards.. i hae a gf2 ultra, so i just bought a gf4 ti4600 in the mail NOW..maybe that well fix my problem.. lol

hmm.. i have a Geforce2 GTS 64mb...
and gta works fine for me.. i did however run a fix that i got from a ftp.. e-mail me if u want it
McCoy2k

Originally posted by Mr_V3NOM
trip i got bad news my friend... I HAVE THE SAME ERROR.. and i emailed the company and support and they still cant fix it... so I BELIEVE that the problem is from GF2 cards.. i hae a gf2 ultra, so i just bought a gf4 ti4600 in the mail NOW..maybe that well fix my problem.. lol

I also have GF2 ultra but I don't have this problem, the one that I have seen is that the game runs slow, slower them renegade and it does not have even 20% of renegades graphics..

i download the gta3 from the net cause i lazy to buy the original ... also not very rich kid ..

i also run into the same problem as you guys ...

when it loaded finish, my computer came out 1 sound then after that, it bring me back to windows.

any solution ???

throw your computer out the window.

Originally posted by whathehell

I also have GF2 ultra but I don't have this problem, the one that I have seen is that the game runs slow, slower them renegade and it does not have even 20% of renegades graphics..

Originally posted by McCoy2k
throw your computer out the window.

Sure, Wanna find out where so you can pick it up ... ???
Nice answerd Jerk ****

I must admit at first tried gta3 from an ISO image i downloaded but I liked the game so much, I felt like buying it and supporting the makers. Cheers

Solved yer problem yet? If not...the rockstar games website (available in your startup menu folder when you scroll through the gta3 menu listing) has a pc section that has a faq section that has a direct link to the microsoft website that contains a direct download of a patch for windows xp that corrects a probelm that xp has with most new nvidia drivers. This is a direct x issue (amoung other things...) and my geforce 3 did NOT work before the patch. And,now i've played over 40 levels of gta3 (did you know there were over ONE HUNDRED?)And i haven't even had a twitch.Anyway go to the rockstar website..then go to the pc section of gta3....then look in the faq section. Scroll down until you see a faq for video problems with xp? Open that puppy and see if it helps!!! Good luck.

You are not allowed to talk about Warez/Cracks and Hacks here, so please dont. You can voice your problem but dont mention that it is a cracked, hacked or whatever version.

Now I have to say that I have a GF2 TI and I am having no problems with the game. Except that the police keep chasing me after I do a driveby shooting.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back