GTA3 PC Version Announced

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political Access
I just wanted to know your opinion on singly games out on one platform in an attempt to boost its sales.

We were supposed to see Halo ages ago...

I think I can forgive GTA3 as teh multiplayer modes are going to be awesome, GTA2 is still the random lan game of choice in my flat :p

I think it makes sense to bring out these big games on new consoles first to help boast sales.
I don't like it, I don't own a console and don't plan to (unless they start giving them away with cornflakes) but I think it makes good business sense. As long as they don't release it too long after consoles

Halo was supposed to come out on the PC first and now it coming on to the PC looks very slim indeed...

If the same thing happens with Quake IV and Doom III I will be very sad indeed!

I hope they don't do it with those games cause they are PC games first and formost.
they should only do it with new games (or more accurately games I don't want)

I am after GTA3, the playstation version is fantastic and will hopefully be captured and exceeded with the PC version, all those extra months spent making it better.
I know it WILL look nicer, with higher texture detail as well as 24(!!!) player online "deathmatch"

MS brought Halo to the Xbox first solely to help up the sales...as for quake and doom...Carmack and the rest ID have a history of not liking to screw over their fans..I highly doubt MS can convince them to release it on Xbox first...we're talking about a company that released Quake 3 for Linux before releasing it for PC...ID seems to root more for the underdog then the huge companies :)

He seemed quite happy to show Doom III on the Geforce3 on the Mac first, hehe.

It's great there's coming a pc version. The first two games were great so it can only be better!!

:D

if they release quake 4 and doom 3 for only that shit ass xbox, i'm gona be pissed. i live by quake, and if i have to resprt to bying that ugly box, and not use my 1500 dollar machie for it, i'm gona have a gripe with good old johny boy

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back