GTA2 LAN Game set up

Ohzopants

My mom thinks I'm cool
Ok guys, here's the deal

I'm trying to set up a LAN game of GTA2 against my brother but I am having a hell of a time getting it to work (a.k.a. I can't get it to work :dead: ). My main computer is set as my home network's DMZ so as to avoid having to forward ports to it, and my laptop is set to use a static IP address to which I have forwarded all the ports that I have read are necessary for GTA2. Even with all this I can create a game on either machine but cannot join it from the other.

Does anyone know how to accomplish this task?

Thanks and rep points to anyone who has the answer.

are you trying to connect via local IP address? or public IP? I know its a dumb question.... but sometimes stupid things like that can work. Also, your setup (dmz and such) sounds kinda odd and could cause some problems. albeit insecure too... :p What I would do, is get rid of the DMZ, give all computers in your LAN a Static ip and you shouldnt need to open any ports for Lan play. So I hope that helps, it gives you a few options to try out.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back